Any way to make cheap power on ‘16 special edition

Have a 16 special edition and off the line it is slow as molasses. Is there any thing that helps these? I kknow the CVT has a lot to do with the power issues. Thanks.

I have (had) a 2017 Corolla SE. Yup, piggy. No question. A turbo will not help, because they need time to spool up, and that is not the problem with the CVT. The engine produces reasonable power once the valves kick in (@ 4500 rpm). But the low speed gearing is wrong. My solution was to get a 2020 Corolla SE. It has a 2 liter engine and a physical first gear in the CVT. The low speed performance is much better. I am not sure what a person can do with the 2019 CVT and previous models, as they all suffer the same issue, from what I understand. Maybe a chip? Smaller tires to improve the gearing? Not sure.

Have a 16 special edition and off the line it is slow as molasses. Is there any thing that helps these? I kknow the CVT has a lot to do with the power issues. Thanks.
Have you checked if your vehicle was recalled for the CVT ECU update? If not here is the link:
https://www.toyota.com/recall

Also, with a CVT smashing on the gas pedal actually does the exact opposite for acceleration. Slowly apply throttle until about 3k+ RPM then giving 100% Throttle seems to do the best for acceleration (Sports Mode in Drive). I've found from a dead stop Manual mode is slower launch as well. Exhaust and cold air intake will help but its not going to be considerable amounts of power

Have you checked if your vehicle was recalled for the CVT ECU update? If not here is the link:
https://www.toyota.com/recall

Also, with a CVT smashing on the gas pedal actually does the exact opposite for acceleration. Slowly apply throttle until about 3k+ RPM then giving 100% Throttle seems to do the best for acceleration (Sports Mode in Drive). I've found from a dead stop Manual mode is slower launch as well. Exhaust and cold air intake will help but its not going to be considerable amounts of power
I would agree with what is said here. I hadn't thought about it this way, but as I read the description, I totally agree. When I had the 2017 and pulled into traffic with the foot to the floor, well, it was just sad.

Doing the CVT ECU update made a noticeable difference to the response and acceleration of the vehicle.
When I first bought my 2017 Corolla it felt like starting a manual car in 3rd gear from a dead stop....o_O