Anyone with an Entune Radio here in South Florida?

Hey, I am looking to see if anyone here in South Florida has the Entune Radio. I want to test a theory out between the regular touch screen model and Entune Premium model. I stay in the Boca Raton area.

I actually want to get it. I don't know if the first batch of Corolla's are the only one's that don't have it, though. I think it can be installed.

You have three radios. The L gets the base bluetooth radio. The LE, LE Eco, and S standards have Entune. The plus and premium of those models get the Entune Premium, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe you can go from an Entune to an Entune Premium, since the only difference really, is the apps and Gracenote, but there is no software update that could turn the standard into Premium because you lack the Apps button.

The button switch itself is hardwired into the Integrated Circuitry. You can't just add the button cover and call it good. There isn't a work around. The two units have different hardware.

I'm a computer science major. Trust me. The Entune Premium will have more memory and thus a different logic design than the standard. If they are the same I would be incredibly surprised. Keep in mind they have different part numbers.

I'm a computer science major. Trust me. The Entune Premium will have more memory and thus a different logic design than the standard. If they are the same I would be incredibly surprised. Keep in mind they have different part numbers.
And I am a Electrical Engineer major who builds, tests, and modifies electric schematics on a daily basis. The fact that there is an option within the regular entune radio for updates shows that it is a possibility for software modding, the usb port for extracting/injecting software(i.e. the updates). The whole reason I started this thread was to see for a fact whether or not any mods would be possible.

This is the standard.

And this is the premium

The Premium substitutes a button from the Standard for the SD Card Slot. The buttons on the left also perform different functions. I imagine it is possible to modify both systems (chances are they are programmed with Java), but you will be limited to the capability of the hardware. The problem is, there is no way to access the APPS in the Entune Premium without that button. Unless the hardware allows you to customize what the buttons do by editing the software, you won't be able to get a standard to function like a Premium, and again, you have the memory issue. Chances are the Premium has more on-board memory to support the apps than the base stereo.

The Premium also talks to the Multi-Information Display. If you have the base gauge cluster, some functions and apps won't work properly (the Eco app pulls data from the Multi-Information Display as well as the PCM).

I will say this, if you pull it off, you should work for NASA.

I'm still waiting until a junkyard gets a totaled Corolla S so I can mod the flasher circuit to eliminate hyperflash with LED turn signals.

Hmmmm ... now that I think about it. The reason the Premium might have the SD Card Slot is so that there is room on the on-board memory for the Apps by putting the navigation data onto the expandable memory. So it is possible that most of the hardware is similar, but the issue becomes ... do you make room for the Apps by killing your Navigation Maps?

Another thing is the call button. That button is located on my Steering Wheel, as well as the hang-up button and the voice-command button.

What buttons are on the right side of your Steering Wheel?

Last edited:
May take me a while to crack it. They tend to use propietary code to keep things protected but I should be able to reverse engineer it and figure out what object does what.