At what mileage you change automatic transmission oil and filter for toyota 2012

At what mileage to change the automatic transmission oil and filter for toyota 2012. I have 62500 km as of now. Dealer told me to change coz oil is dark. I'm hesitant about it. Do I need to change the oil and filter as well. Pls advice. I'm new here.

I will be doing drain and fills on mine every 30,000 miles. If I were you i would do the same on yours. These trans are pretty good if you keep up on the maintenance for them. You can do it yourself man it is not hard at all. Make sure you buy the toyota world standard fluid which runs a bit over $9 a qt.. Prob buy 4 quarts to do the job. You will use 3.5 of the 4. Look up how to do it on youtube. Plenty of posts on this.

When I bought my car the fluid was dirty. It was driven 140k. I changed it with Toyota Genuine WS. First I Changed and after 7000 km I changed again. Now my transmission is very smooth. Do change it ASAP when it gets dirty, otherwise it may create wear in the transmission.