ATF

I dont know about Castrol but it is best to use the transmission fluid from the dealer. Your transmission shift quality could go bad if use other than specified in your car manual.

Dealer parts and fluids tend to be very, very overpriced. May aftermarket parts and fluids are perfectly fine to use, with some of them being superior to original equipment parts and fluids.

View attachment 1568
Is Castrol Transmax Import multi-vehicle ATF good for 2009 corolla?
Any brand automatic transmission fluid will be fine as long as it meets the WS transmission fluid performance standard specified by Toyota. Look on the bottle of automatic transmission fluid to be certain it lists the WS specification.

Here is the link to my Online Product Application Guide that will show you the recommended fluids, filters, capacities, etc., for your Corolla and almost any vehicle -

http://www.amsoil.com/mygarage/vehiclelookup.aspx?zo=349698

I can get you AMSOIL synthetic automatic transmission fluid, (the first company in the world to formulate a 100% synthetic automatic transmission fluid and the industry leader), for wholesale price savings, which is less than for many competing products. Private message me if you're interested.

www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/automatic/signature-series-fuel-efficient-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid/?code=ATLQT-EAaspx?zo=349698

Below is a very interesting video that demonstrates the performance and protection of AMSOIL synthetic automatic transmission fluid.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
the 2010 is the next gen that requires a WS type, do not think the 2009 does. correct me if I am wrong. I only sell what I own not what I buy.

Agreed that dealer parts are overpriced but Fluids are not so over priced and worth the money spent. I always buy the oil and filter from the dealer.
What part of the world are you from? Here in the U.S.A., dealer parts and fluids are very, very expensive. How much are you paying at the dealership for the oil and oil filter? AMSOIL oil and filters are not only less costly, but are the finest quality products of their kind anywhere in the world.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Great its a tenth gen & not nineth gen.

As per pricing I find Advance Auto to be so high I am better off going to a Toyota parts department., Lol (smiles)

for example a Battery should not cost $160.00 for a car Lol What a smart shopper does, is shop around ..

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Scott. Knowing you can when I can get about $8.00 with shipping to (free) a quart. the going rate of Toyota fluid atf.

Thank you but no thanks.

I purchased filters online less then the walk in Toy shop, and the online is a toy shop no less. today we shop online more & more.

again being as always politeful and helpful not rude (smiles)

Scott, I am from Dubai and the oil and fitler I am pay in UAE Currency which is AED. If I convert to Dollars, the price is as below:
Oil: $14 (4 liters)
Filter: $7

Above are rates I got from the dealer.

Scott. Knowing you can when I can get about $8.00 with shipping to (free) a quart. the going rate of Toyota fluid atf.

Thank you but no thanks.

I purchased filters online less then the walk in Toy shop, and the online is a toy shop no less. today we shop online more & more.

again being as always politeful and helpful not rude (smiles)
I can get you prices as low as $6.15 per quart and if your order is over $50, there is a flat rate shipping charge of only $4.95, (the $4.95 flat rate shipping charge offer is until July 5. All for a better transmission fluid. I can get you oil filters at wholesale prices that are very high quality.

EAO_efficiency_900.jpg