Auto dimming rear view mirror for Corolla 2017 SE

Ali184

Hello guys... I have recently joined the forum and in a phase to get to know about all the briliant ideas and mods to give an astounding transformation to the make Corolla. I have a question if anyone can help me regarding auto dimming rear view mirror. I have got the oem Gentex auto dimming rear view mirror from my friend's corolla 2014 S which got a major accident and going to junk yard. I want to install this to my Corolla 2017 SE. Has anyone done this before? Will I get the same mirror mount on my wind screen to hold this mirror? Is there any possibility that the connector is already there with the wiring under the head liner to connect it without the need of separate wiring to do the job? I have watched couple of videos on youtube where it is said that some models (not Corolla but Camry, Rav 4 etc) have all the wiring and connectors pre-installed to do this kind of job. I will be grateful for the help.

Regards

I don’t know if the wiring is there or not. Chances are, if you don’t have it from the factory, then there is not going to be a connector.
I say this because I wanted to add the S mirrors, with turn signals, to my LE and the factory heated seats. No connectors are present for these options.
I have added a WiFi monitor mirror to my setup. It was fairly easy to do. I also have a front camera that I added and I use it in conjunction with the mirror.

Ali184

20171106_220839.jpg full]3148[/ATTACH] g 20171106_220839.jpg
I don’t know if the wiring is there or not. Chances are, if you don’t have it from the factory, then there is not going to be a connector.
I say this because I wanted to add the S mirrors, with turn signals, to my LE and the factory heated seats. No connectors are present for these options.
I have added a WiFi monitor mirror to my setup. It was fairly easy to do. I also have a front camera that I added and I use it in conjunction with the
I have added a WiFi monitor mirror to my setup. It was fairly easy to do. I also have a front camera that I added and I use it in conjunction with the mirror.[/QUOT
I have added a WiFi monitor mirror to my setup. It was fairly easy to do. I also have a front camera that I added and I use it in conjunction with the mirror.
Y
Yes

Ali184

View attachment 3148 full]3148[/ATTACH] g View attachment 3148

I am least concerned about the wiring and the connector as they can be arranged easily but my major problem is about the suitability of the mount on the windscreen that will it be of the same size of Gentex mirror or not ( I am assuming that it should be of the universal size or atleast of the same size since both the mirrors are from Corollas themselves). Have taken an appointment from the dealership for this job. Lets see what would be the outcome.

Ali184

Job done at Toyota Attrell dealership in Brampton Ontario. They charged $120 and installed the mirror with oem finishing and the best thing is my warranty is still intact.