Auto On Headlights

curb

We just leased a 2013 Corolla CE with the Moonroof option and noticed that the 2013 Corolla doesn't have the Auto On Headlights.. Our 2010 Corolla CE did have this.. I think Toyota should add this as in New Brunswick,Canada we are required to have DayTime Running lights. With the Auto On Headlights I never had to worry if my lights were on at night.. I thought it was great Toyota had this.. Now I have to remember to turn the lights on.. I was so impressed that my 2010 Corolla had the Auto On Lights.. I'm wondering I can have this added??

Ric

I'm just the opposite, Id like to have auto shut off lights to save the battery. I'm coming from a 2004 4Runner that had it, I like driving with my lights on, and never worried about turning them off.
I'm thinking its just to cut costs :rolleyes:

curb

That was my thought also, Ric. Never having to remember to turn the Headlights On or Off..
I just don't understand why Toyota would Delete the Auto On/Off Headlights, esp. here in Canada where we have manditory Daytime Running Lights ON during the day..
My previous vehicle was a 2002 Chevrolet Tracker(Suzuki).. It had the Daytime Running Lights and Auto On/Off Headlights. Had the vehicle for 10 years and never changed a Headlight bulb and had the original battery when I sold it.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
They did not delete this feature, it is a premium pkg deal. take note of the pkg you purchased.

top end mode or low end its the premium pkg

it is the model, I have the s model with moon/sunroof package and it has auto headlights. the LE can be had with auto headlights. the CE cannot be had with them no matter the package.

curb

My 2010 wa a CE and had the Auto headlights.. Now have a 2013 with the Moonroof package.. but No Auto Headlights..

I really don't understand why Toyota would delete this Safety feature from the CE..?? Dumb ass move

Well, when a model is being replaced sometimes the manufacturer will de-content a vehicle and/or re arrange the options in the packages. Maybe your 2010 was bought with a particular package that you were not aware of. All I know is even the 2013 S did not have auto lights unless ordered with sun/moonroof package, or the technology package(which includes the former package).