Automatic Air Conditioning System

I hate this. I have tried reading the owners manual, I guess it's me but its clear as mud. When I hit the auto button and everything lights up-including the a/c light at the far right, am I suppose to leave that on even though I want heat? Is it "air conditioning" as in cold air? Does it affect gas mileage to have it on? Should I just leave the reading on one temperature all the time? Sorry, but I will take the old fashioned way anytime. I also dislike the temp gauge, hard to see if that little square moved.

Correction

Sorry. I'm at work and I'm typing fast. I have this issue. To run off the AC from coming on. Go to setup. It's on the display somewhere. I'm not in my car song can't give details.

AC will engage automatically (but never below freezing point) even when heating, to dry the air - humidity is as uncomfortable in cold as in hot air. It probably affect MPG somewhat, but not that much. You can just manually disengage it or use the setup for vehicule options on the touchscreen : uncheck the "auto AC".

AC will engage automatically (but never below freezing point) even when heating, to dry the air - humidity is as uncomfortable in cold as in hot air. It probably affect MPG somewhat, but not that much. You can just manually disengage it or use the setup for vehicule options on the touchscreen : uncheck the "auto AC".
Really? I didn't know that, I thought only in "defrost" mode did it do that. I don't like that, glad I have "auto A/C" switched off. Definitely a fuel waster.

Ok, thanks for the replies and help. I will check it out in the morning as it's about 19 degrees out now. Hopefully I can figure out how to change the setting on the display screen-if not, I'll be back.
I'd still take the simplified heating in my old crv anytime over this new fangled stuff. If you're cold, turn it up-if you're hot, turn it down.

Its a simple change. On the stereo, hit settings, then vehicle settings and one of them will be for this very option. There are only three there (at least on my S plus) so it should be quite simple.

You can do it the old way, just don't use the auto function.

Ok, thanks for the replies and help. I will check it out in the morning as it's about 19 degrees out now. Hopefully I can figure out how to change the setting on the display screen-if not, I'll be back.
I'd still take the simplified heating in my old crv anytime over this new fangled stuff. If you're cold, turn it up-if you're hot, turn it down.
Me too. And that's exactly how I use the system in my Corolla. You just need to turn Auto AC off. Clear instructions are in the manual, its pretty simple. One of the first things I did with the vehicle was disable the automatic function.

It was real easy to change. Glad I asked, there's still things I'm learning about this vehicle. I also changed my display color while I was at it-hee hee.