Bad Catalytic Converter - 2009 Corolla S

I bought a 2009 Toyota Corolla S from Carmax about 4 months ago. It's got about 83,000 miles on it now and just started making a bad metal vibration sound when I accelerate. I thought it could be the heat shield but two separate mechanics, including a Toyota dealership, have told me that the cat converter needs to be replaced.

83,000 is way too early for that to go so I may take it to carmax and see what I can get from them to replace it. If not, I don't want to pay $1800 so soon after buying the car. What are the best options for replacing a cat converter that aren't too exoensive?

I bought a 2009 Toyota Corolla S from Carmax about 4 months ago. It's got about 83,000 miles on it now and just started making a bad metal vibration sound when I accelerate. I thought it could be the heat shield but two separate mechanics, including a Toyota dealership, have told me that the cat converter needs to be replaced.

83,000 is way too early for that to go so I may take it to carmax and see what I can get from them to replace it. If not, I don't want to pay $1800 so soon after buying the car. What are the best options for replacing a cat converter that aren't too exoensive?
I'm new on here, but I would go to a few muffler shops and ask for some cheaper alternatives, still using a cat convert. Hope this is helpful. Seems most our cars will turn to rust before we get a answer on here, apparently not a great forum. Private shops are better, not a franchise .