Bad transmission

What could this be caused from

• Total voters
While driving the car just lost momentum and would not grab gear. was still running but not able to move so i let it cost to a stop. I turned the car off then restarted it tryed to put in gear and the shifter didmt want to move so i tryed to go into park but it wouldnt. And the shifter acts stuck, But the car still rolls if pushed

Almost guaranteed you’ll need new tranny. If cvt 6-7k at dealer. They won’t even troubleshoot cause they’re told to replace.

jolly

First things first... 4AT or CVT ? Mileage/maintenance of fluid ? Is the stick physically stuck (anything from debris accumulation to some small object fall in or under the rail to physical damage to the console) ? Is the braking light switch OK (might prevent the stick from working since sensing brake pedal applied is required to exit P). Fuses ? Did you try to unlock it via the little trap (tiny little trap on the upper left near the stick, see manual) ? Does the instruments give you a Check engine / Malfunction light ? Depending on the code, it might be some electronic glitch (firmware update). If it is some sensor/solenoid, those could be replaced. If it's some mechanical parts in a CVT, don't get bluffed by 6-7K quotation by dealer... Much less in shop with rebuild or salvaged (rebuilding your own unit would cost more in time).