Battery issue

I have a 2014 Corolla. We are having a problem with the car battery. The first battery died at 24 months. The second battery died a little over 25 months. I have never had a car go through batteries like this. Is anyone else having the problem? Any ideas why the batteries are failing so quickly?

I have a 2014 Corolla. We are having a problem with the car battery. The first battery died at 24 months. The second battery died a little over 25 months. I have never had a car go through batteries like this. Is anyone else having the problem? Any ideas why the batteries are failing so quickly?
I'm not surprised. These new computer-driven cars have tons of parasitic drain duck tape to the car. I went with RED TOP Optima, costly little battery.

While I am not sure where your car is used, batteries that fail after a couple of years have often not been maintained properly. Even the so called "no maintenance" batteries (with the exception of the very expensive AGM type) requires adding distilled water to the cells when needed. Hot weather and the engine heat contribute to the natural evaporation of the distilled water in the battery.
Regarding adding water when necessary, it must be pure water, i.e., distilled. Water from the tap contains minerals can eventually coat the internal battery plates as well as change the pH of the water (which affects its charging capabilities). Don't let the service station add water for you - quite possibly it's tap water. This is a simple DIY job that can save you many dollars.
The only way I know of to escape maintaining a lead-acid car battery is to keep buying new ones, something no one wants to do.

Campy

Have a 2007, 275,000 km with original battery. Load tested in August 2017 and was suggested
then to replace... still going strong in -15c weather.

True, hot temp is harder than cold temp on battery (though a weakness will show on freezing mornings). So far 4½ years of hot summers and cold winters on original battery. Johnson Controls, I think.