Battery life based on mileage?

OK, I have been talking to a service rep about our car and the short battery life. I have never heard of this argument before and it does not make sense to me.

The picture is based as average life for the batteries, so the life span my very. One thing to possibly consider is that average people drive 10,000 miles a year that would put the average miles at about 40,000 miles for the age of your vehicle. I show you average 19,380 miles a year. I fell we have a good battery with one of the best warranties available.

Does this argument make sense to anyone?

Thanks,
Drew

The biggest problem with that answer is that the service rep is erroneously equating average mileage to battery life. There is no correlation at all between the two variables. Battery life is dependent on many factors (but not on car mileage) such as charging rates (were those highway miles or stop-and-go city miles?), maintenance (was distilled water or tap water used?), weather (cold weather can affect discharge characteristics), the condition of the alternator and its regulator, etc. Also, the rep is attempting to dazzle the customers with numbers - you may average 19,380 miles per year but what does that mean regarding battery life? Using his logic, if your car sat in the garage for 10 years (zero miles on the battery), the battery should be as good as new when you went to start your car.

I had to replace my battery at 24 months. I have a 2014 with 16k miles. I don’t agree with whoever told you that.

I also have a 2008 Highlander with 102k and it’s on the 3rd battery.
I will only buy interstate batteries now.

My 15 corolla has 40K battery still seems still doing good (have sub, amp, aftermarket horns) , my wifes 13 corolla has 65K and her battery is swollen up already but had never left us, will most likely replace soon rather then get the call that it didnt start on her

ToyBoy

Yea ,I agree with Chris Denton. My 2014 has 49k miles and as far as I can see it has no problem on the original battery.