Battery warrantied?

So I just had to replace my battery tonight. Starting was getting real sluggish.
The car is 2-1/2 years old with 8,381 miles on it. I bought it in May 2014. I have an amplifier wired directly to it, but only turns on with the car. My question is, would it still be covered under warranty?
I already bought and installed an interstate battery, wouldn't want another Toyota battery anyways. But I'll take one if it's free!
Thoughts???

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I take a Toyota battery with no problems. Mine did not give out but 6 plus years to me it's better to replace, won't be under warranty because it passed its life of use, that I am happy.

3 years 8K on it 36 months pro rate I guess?

I take a Toyota battery with no problems. Mine did not give out but 6 plus years to me it's better to replace, won't be under warranty because it passed its life of use, that I am happy.

3 years 8K on it 36 months pro rate I guess?
I'm gonna try and take it back on Monday. I still have 6 months on warranty. If they give me a new one, I'll sell it to ya!

I got an optima. Car starts like a champ. I shouldn't have needed one I should have taken the garbage the car came with and thrown it through the dealers window. Optima looks very cool!!!!

I got an optima. Car starts like a champ. I shouldn't have needed one I should have taken the garbage the car came with and thrown it through the dealers window. Optima looks very cool!!!!
Ok cool. I'm not the only one now!
Mine died at 7k ish. Have interstate now, plasti dipped it black.

You battery should be identified with the free replacement period and the prorated warranty ....1 year free, maybe 2....Then you go into a prorate from 72 to 84 months.

You battery should be identified with the free replacement period and the prorated warranty ....1 year free, maybe 2....Then you go into a prorate from 72 to 84 months.
Toyota said they would warranty it but...
I would have to bring it in for "testing", while still in the car. Whatever, batteries aren't that expensive. I don't have time for Toyota's bullsnot. Lol
They use cheap batteries anyways, had same problem with my 08 Highlander.

Toyota said they would warranty it but...
I would have to bring it in for "testing", while still in the car. Whatever, batteries aren't that expensive. I don't have time for Toyota's bullsnot. Lol
They use cheap batteries anyways, had same problem with my 08 Highlander.
Im really suprised you bought a Toyota the way you feel about them. I have owned 4 Toyotas now and never had a problem with batteries not lasting at least 6 years in the Texas heat. Kind of dumb not to take it in for testing and find out whats wrong. Could be driver error.

Im really suprised you bought a Toyota the way you feel about them. I have owned 4 Toyotas now and never had a problem with batteries not lasting at least 6 years in the Texas heat. Kind of dumb not to take it in for testing and find out whats wrong. Could be driver error.
Could be. The car sits for weeks sometimes a month, before I drive it. I live in VA where there is a lot of temperature changes.
I have the family Highlander and a company vehicle that I drive daily. This is also my 4th Toyota and I am loyal to the brand. 3 out of 4 have needed new batteries within 3 years of owning them. The other was a 2006 Corolla which I totaled when it was 6 months old.:(
I also have a need for concert quality music when I drive, so I tend to put a lot of strain on the batteries. (minimum 1200 watts!) lol

It depends where your Toyota was made. If Japan, Furukawa or Panasonic is the battery manufacturer. Most North American Corollas are Canadian made. We get Johnson Control (Delphi and AC Delco batteries are owned by JC too). Johnson Control batteries are typically quality products but as we all know, factory OEM batteries are notorious for being short lived.

It depends where your Toyota was made. If Japan, Furukawa or Panasonic is the battery manufacturer. Most North American Corollas are Canadian made. We get Johnson Control (Delphi and AC Delco batteries are owned by JC too). Johnson Control batteries are typically quality products but as we all know, factory OEM batteries are notorious for being short lived.
My 2017 SE was made in Mississippi according to sticker on door frame. I dont know what you guys are doing with your Batteries but I've never had one not last at least 5 years. Factory Batteries are not notorious for being short lived.

My 2017 SE was made in Mississippi according to sticker on door frame. I dont know what you guys are doing with your Batteries but I've never had one not last at least 5 years. Factory Batteries are not notorious for being short lived.
There are different grades of batteries ranging from 24 months to 72 months. My car was built in Canada so maybe they use 36 month batteries. I have an interstate installed now that is a 60 month.
Also, since Toyota doesn't manufacture the batteries, it's put out to the lowest bidder.

I don't think anyone does anything with their batteries. No one's opening them up to check inside LOL. They are used until they don't work or until they are checked and a problem is found. Like any mass produced item, a percentage of them are bound to be not 100 percent perfect. People have bought the most expensive batteries and have had problems, people have bought the cheapest of the cheap and had them last a long time. Theres your proof. I really like my optima battery and will get them from now on with all cars.

I don't think anyone does anything with their batteries. No one's opening them up to check inside LOL. They are used until they don't work or until they are checked and a problem is found. Like any mass produced item, a percentage of them are bound to be not 100 percent perfect. People have bought the most expensive batteries and have had problems, people have bought the cheapest of the cheap and had them last a long time. Theres your proof. I really like my optima battery and will get them from now on with all cars.
Optima's are said to be the best. Especially if you live in cold climates, which is very hard on batteries actually.

Or if you are in off road vehicle, vibrations, spill proof, and versatile mounting options . or going on inclines or declines a lot and I think they are good if you have heavy accessories or for faster recharging. Their website shows benefits and comparisons

Just reviewed the warranty booklet that I received with my 2017 SE, there is no mention about the battery being warrented any different than any other part of the vehicle, only the tires have a separate warranty. IMHO, I would say the battery is warrented for 36K or 36 miles. You can always contact Toyota Customer Experience at 800-331-4331