Best Time to Buy a Corolla

I am interested in the 2013 toyota corolla l automatic and the 2014 version. i got a quote from a dealer for $17900 for the 2013 and $16900 for the 2014. don't know what others paid but i can wait till end of year if prices would drop. would appreciate any input on when to buy and which year has better mpg

Here are the 2014 Toyota Corolla Convenience Features

Power windows
1-touch down
1-touch up
Illuminated entry
Tilt steering wheel
Telescoping steering wheel
Driver vanity mirror
Passenger vanity mirror
Front beverage holders
Rear beverage holders
Driver door bin
Passenger door bin
Rear door bins
and here are the powertrain features

Powertrain

Engine litres - 1.8
Cylinder configuration - I-4
Horsepower - 132hp @ 6,000RPM
Torque - 128 lb.-ft. @ 4,400RPM
Number of valves - 16
Variable valve control
Sequential multi-point fuel injection
Engine location - front
Recommended fuel - regular unleaded
Transmission - 6 speed manual
Drive type - front-wheel
Fuel economy combined - 6.3L/100 km
Fuel tank capacity - 50.0L
Fuel economy city - 7.1L/100 km
Fuel economy highway - 5.2L/100 km

I hope you like it

Financing with Toyota is 1.9%. Get the latest and greatest = 2014! Besides the features, the newer model looks AMAZEBALLS! Best time is probably end of the month on a weekday like Monday/Tuesday and 2 hours before the dealership closes. Gluck!

Financing with Toyota is 1.9%. Get the latest and greatest = 2014! Besides the features, the newer model looks AMAZEBALLS! Best time is probably end of the month on a weekday like Monday/Tuesday and 2 hours before the dealership closes. Gluck!
Totally agree here.

...also, don't be afraid to walk out that door, if they won't give you something off the price, or include something with your purchase. No one is forcing you to take the deal. You be in control, otherwise they have you.
Choosing something that is in-stock will give you more weight as they want to sell That unit first, rather than incur the added expense of having to bring another vehicle in from somewhere.
If you can't get any money off, then ask for something included, or some things worth x number of $$ (be realistic - they have to make Some profit).

If you can get a newer model for a lower price, go with that one!

I had my Dad help with the negotiating since he's a retired Lawyer and Judge, having owed 2 Saturns before where it was no haggle, we held our ground even with the sexy woman used to sell undercoating. Got a 2014 Corolla LE for just under $18,000 from Jim Coleman Toyota. My Dad used the USAA buying service when he got his Prius, I was eligible too since I'm also a member but we just used hardball tactics.

Buy online (toyota.com, build & price, then get internet price. Internet sales are the same salesman that do fleet so they want high volume and cars to go out quickly so they can move on to the next deal). Better deals. Sticker on my 2014 S was $22,800 and I ended up paying $20,300. Of course I got the extended platinum warranty and pre-paid service for five years so he somewhat got the money back, but it would have taken the car another $2,500 higher, and I could have always declined it.