Blackout suggestion

i have been slowly trying to blackout my Corolla S I want to plastidip the Toyota emblems but I cannot decide what to do with the chrome part on the front bumper... Leave it or paint it too?

I painted mine. Don't worry about getting in between the cracks with a toothpick I would just leave them. But I plasti dipped my emblems and corolla letting minus the S. Then I did the chrome piece as well. My car is blacked out. Windows, tailights, new wheels and low profile tires.

apanizo

I plasti dipped all the chrome on my car. I did the Toyota emblems, corolla emblem, and the S logo (covered up the red part). Even did that chrome strip in the front you're talking about. I did 4 coats of black dip and 2 coats of glossifier. Be careful with the glorifier because it can bubble up and run if you're too close. Glossifier has UV protection so it won't fade and makes it a little more satin black than a matte black.

Attachments

Last edited:

apanizo

I left that chrome stripe on it because I thought it looked good
Personally, I didn't like the strip. Since I was getting rid of chrome on all the emblems then why not jut go head and do the strip too. I don't want a random strip of chrome on the front of the car since I covered up the rest of the chrome.