Blue crush paint getting worse

Strangely enough, I once had a 2013 Kia Rio and it was almost the same shade of blue. Well, I had the exact same problem. Paint was flaking all over the place. Is it because the pigments in the blue paint cause trouble?

Im not sure but ive seen a few Blue crush corollas with this same issue. I guess ill have to get the car painted again but ill probably make sure they prep the inside panels real good and use a good brand paint its a shame i car has to get repainted this soon i mean its 5 years old but i was expecting maybe the 10th year lol

My Indigo Ink Pearl Corolla did the same thing under the deck lid and behind the fuel fill door. Now all the clear coat is burnt off of the deck lid,roof and hood.

I have a blue crush colored car, and so far it's ok. My car is a 2014, so it is 5 years old. Maybe since my car is parked in a garage that might be of some help. Not sure. I certainly hope it does not start to fade.

Gwen

Oh crap! Mine is doing that as well. It's a 2017 IM. I thought they were just door dings and such but now realize they couldn't be because of location. I had a 2008 Chevrolet HHR with this shade of blue. Never faded, never flaked, even after 10 years. I even took acetone to the hood when someone vandalized it with fingernail polish. Boy, I miss that car.

Im not sure but ive seen a few Blue crush corollas with this same issue. I guess ill have to get the car painted again but ill probably make sure they prep the inside panels real good and use a good brand paint its a shame i car has to get repainted this soon i mean its 5 years old but i was expecting maybe the 10th year lol
Hey, i am new in the forum, just a couple of questions, can you fit the 2018 se headlights assembly in the 2015 corolla s without major modifications? same question for the grille and the bumper, appreciates in advance.

I just bought a 2016 blue crush and am noticing it around the hood
I have a 2017 blue Toyota Corolla and am pissed off that I am starting to get flakes of paint coming off. I took it to the dealership and they said to call the 1-800 number and get a claim number. I have to call them back. They said there was a recall but only for the white color. I am hoping that more people complain about this. I had old Honda and Hyundai and they never did this. Very disappointing. Where you able to get it resolved?

Jozh

just a heads up, after the 30k mile warranty, they wont fixed this, just went for mine and warranty ended 5 days before quaranteen (3yrs) and they wont fix it anymore

Thanks Josh and that totally sucks. For mine it's 3 years or 36k. I am well under 36k but 3 years would be Sept. They are fixing it. I got lucky but would have been pissed otherwise. If enough people with this color complain, they may grant it later like they did with the white color. I reported it with the 1-800 number. Did you at least call and report it so one day it gets taken care of?
Sorry it really sucks. He said the paint itself was not a problem but the process in the factory had an error.

Hey, i am new in the forum, just a couple of questions, can you fit the 2018 se headlights assembly in the 2015 corolla s without major modifications? same question for the grille and the bumper, appreciates in advance.
can you write the number again, for some reason i cant find it and yeah 36k warranty

2015 Corolla S Premium...I bought the car with many chips on the hood and the dealer said it was just stone chips. I found it hard to believe as there were no dents associated with them. But I liked the car a lot (and still do). It is 2020 and I am noticing more and more chips all over the car, one on the window pillar (inside!!!). I am going to watch this topic on the forum but not sure what to do about this. This seems pretty crooked to me.

2015 Corolla S Premium...I bought the car with many chips on the hood and the dealer said it was just stone chips. I found it hard to believe as there were no dents associated with them. But I liked the car a lot (and still do). It is 2020 and I am noticing more and more chips all over the car, one on the window pillar (inside!!!). I am going to watch this topic on the forum but not sure what to do about this. This seems pretty crooked to me.
I hear you. I am super disappointed with the dealership, collision center and corporate. I have complained on Twitter, Google, and Yelp about Toyota. I will report them to the better business bureau. they repainted the car because it was under the 3-year warranty but they only painted the parts that had a problem. so of course they didn't paint the door handers front back bumpers and other things so it just doesn't look as shiny and when I told him that they're like oh well of course that was going to happen. They have had paint issues since 2008 and finally after a class action lawsuit have a new warranty but it only covers white colors of the car. Mine is the metallic blue crush and was not covered under that warranty but my car was less than 3 years old. Very disappointing. I'm.spreading the word everywhere. Sad they won't just fix the damn problem. I even put a warning on next door. You can contact corporate in tx and complain. There's a 1-800 number. Sorry it's so sad how customer service doesn't give a shit anymore.

I have a 2016 toyota corolla and my blue crush paint is chipping as well in the same areas. I feel like I should not have to get a new paint job already. I contacted the customer service and was not able to fix the problem. They did record my claim but that was it. I'm just really upset because I specifically picked this car for the color.

I also heard that blue color is not the best choice, but at the same time, it had not to be a problem in case it was painted the right way, respecting all instructions. I would like to ask you if before painting the car, the old paint was removed. This is very important as over wise any kind of paint would get worse and worse. For example, I painted my car myself, but before painting it I stumbled on this site https://www.palmgear.com/best-paint-stripper-reviews/, where I found out how important is to remove the old paint before repainting something.

Hello,

Let's all get together and file a class action suit against Toyota for the defective blue crush paint as the other Toyota owners did with the different color paint and they got their cars fixed. This is deliberate by Toyota to ignore our complaints about their defective workmanship knowing that the paint is defective and this would be the fastest and most hopeful way to get resolution. Please contact me as I am starting to pursue this situation legally. My email is toyotacorolla2016sucks@gmail.com (Don't mind my email address it is indeed a valid email) I created one just for this situation. Any Toyota customer with defective blue crush paint should contact Toyota corporation ASAP +1-800-331-4331 and file a complaint and get a complaint number. The more complaints we have the better chance of winning. I look forward to hearing from all of you as soon as possible so that we can get this lawsuit going and hopefully get our cars painted. Shoot me an email.

Eli

PLEASE CALL CORPORATE AND START A CASE! They will not fix my car because not enough people have called to complain. 1-800-331-4331 Please keep your case number and know that you will have to call them 500x because they do not call back. it's very frustrating but my car is getting worse as I see others are as well. PLEASE CALL!