Brand New Toyota Corolla S Manual!!

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to this forum. I just bought a red 2015 Corolla S manual...say hello to car payments!
Anyway, I have some questions...

1. Is there a keyless entry? I have a push to start, so I'm wondering if just standing near the car can unlock it for you without having to touch the button.

2. How can you keep the new car smell as long as possible?

3. I want to put a turbo in it, but that would probably void the warranty? But about how much would that cost do you think?

4. I am a nanny, and have a carseat in the back. Do you think the car seat can rip the leather over time?

Thanks!

HAVOC

Definitely put a seat protector under the child seat.
I work for Lexus and you touch the driver door handle to unlock the door (with a push button start car) with the remote in your pocket/purse.
Not sure about Toyota's models.

I have a 2013 with push button start. just standing next to the door does not unlock. It will turn the interior lights on for you but all you have to do is touch the back of the handle and it will unlock.

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to this forum. I just bought a red 2015 Corolla S manual...say hello to car payments!

1. Is there a keyless entry? I have a push to start, so I'm wondering if just standing near the car can unlock it for you without having to touch the button.

3. I want to put a turbo in it, but that would probably void the warranty? But about how much would that cost do you think?

4. I am a nanny, and have a carseat in the back. Do you think the car seat can rip the leather over time?

Thanks!
With a smart key all you have to do is touch the back of the door handle like when you go to open it. To lock touch the three lines to the front of the door handle. This can all be set if it's not at a Toyota dealership. They can also change how many times your turn signals blink, turn on or off the lock when you go over a certain MPH, or turn off the stupid seat belt warning sound like I did. I have a 15 s manual. Also I'm a Toyota master tech. The whole turbo thing does usually void warranty but depends on the dealer you go to.

Hi everyone!

Thanks!
1. As others have said, just the act of opening either the driver's side or passenger's side door handle will automatically unlock the door. You can go into the Entune unit and you have the option for a touch to unlock either just the driver's door or all doors when you grip the handle. I set it to all doors since I typically have passengers.

2. The only things you can do are no food, no smoking, and keeping all items that may give off a scent in the trunk. Mine lasted about a year before it finally faded. Occasionally I catch a whiff of "new car" from the trunk but that won't last much longer.

3. It will most likely void powertrain and drivetrain warranty, but warranty related to suspension, brakes, and other non-related components will still stand.

4. I'd definitely cover the seat with a cloth. It shouldn't rip the leather as long as it is mounted properly but why gamble it?

With a smart key all you have to do is touch the back of the door handle like when you go to open it. To lock touch the three lines to the front of the door handle. This can all be set if it's not at a Toyota dealership. They can also change how many times your turn signals blink, turn on or off the lock when you go over a certain MPH, or turn off the stupid seat belt warning sound like I did. I have a 15 s manual. Also I'm a Toyota master tech. The whole turbo thing does usually void warranty but depends on the dealer you go to.
Does the smart key work even when you have gloves on?

Yes it does which is sweet
Really? I went to the dealer today to check this out. Wearing a pair of gloves of course, I had no problems opening the car - that worked flawlessly every time. Locking the door was another matter - I couldn't do it with the gloves on. Without the gloves it only took the lightest of touches to get the door to lock. I tried again (to lock that is) with multiple presses with the gloves at varying pressures but I couldn't lock the door. Frustrating especially when we have to wear gloves up here (Yukon Territory) for 1/2 the year.
Another question. If I have the Smart Entry / Pushbutton Start system and I also get a remote starter for the Corolla (a must in the Yukon), what happens when I remote start the vehicle, get into the car 10 minutes later? The car is already idling so do I just drive away or do you have to press the Pushbutton anyway even though the engine is already on?

koby

Cover the seat for sure if youre throwing a car seat in there, i know I have a towel in the back seat for whenever I have to put my son's seat in there