Break-in maintenance for 2021 Corolla LE

Hello all. Just bought new 2021 LE and want to break it in right. Owner's manual has basic information; essentially, drive it gently for first xxx miles. If I'm reading the maintenance schedule correctly, it states first oil change at 10,000 miles. That seems crazy to me. I am of the old school that you should make first oil change soon, as early as 300 miles, to get rid of any leftover manufacturing debris, metal shavings, etc. Is there anything Toyota puts in there at manufacture that SHOULD stay in engine that long? Any other thoughts on early care for long life? TIA.

ToyBoy

I change my oil around 5000 miles. May not be needed but I try to boost my car life in my mind. Also try to drive wisely and I don`t accelerate fast. If you go buy most all 0-20w oils they state 10,000 miles or more on most the labels. It may or may not hurt to do that but I feel better by changing earlier.

I change my oil around 5000 miles. May not be needed but I try to boost my car life in my mind. Also try to drive wisely and I don`t accelerate fast. If you go buy most all 0-20w oils they state 10,000 miles or more on most the labels. It may or may not hurt to do that but I feel better by changing earlier.
As do I. Thanks for reply.