Buick to Corolla

My name is Nick. I currently own a 02 Buick Century. I love Buick in general. But anyways, I might be trading my Century for a 07 Corolla CE. So I'm just trying to get some knowledge about gas mileage and how reliable the motor is. My Century only has 102K on it where the Corolla has 147K on it. Blue Book values the Corolla about $1200 more than my car, so i would be paying a little on top of it, but I'm really looking for something with good gas mileage.

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbup1::clap::thumbup::):party::balloon:

Buick's are very good cars.

Before purchasing any car, I recommend checking the website below to avoid getting stuck with a lemon, or just a car that has noted problems that could be expensive to repair -

http://www.CarComplaints.com

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
I don't know that trading a car with 102,000 for a car with 147,000 miles would be a very good deal for you.

Also, older Corolla's are known for having oil consumption issue.

Driven carefully a Buick with a six cylinder can deliver very acceptable fuel economy. They are good cars, probably GM's best. Plus there are things that can be done to improve fuel economy.

I don't know that trading a car with 102,000 for a car with 147,000 miles would be a very good deal for you.

Also, older Corolla's are known for having oil consumption issue.

Driven carefully a Buick with a six cylinder can deliver very acceptable fuel economy. They are good cars, probably GM's best. Plus there are things that can be done to improve fuel economy.
Certain GM six cylinders are considered some of the best. Like the 3800 for example. But the 3100 isn't a top tier motor, its not bad but I wouldn't place it high up there. Both vehicles have been well taken care of. And his is 5 years newer. Plus its a friend so if anything does go wrong he'd be the one fixing it.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
45,000 miles more wear and tear is significant, especially for a four cylinder.

There's nothing wrong with the 3.1 litre V-6 except for the leaking intake manifold gaskets issue. But once that is repaired with new gaskets, it's good to go.