Cabin Noise

Bunta

Anyway to Lower the Cabin Noise?
i remember a while back i was into fixing up my mk4 jetta and i stumbled upon a video about fixing the door panels and adding a material for noise reduction and insulation . all they did was take the door panels off and line the bare door with the material with 3m adhesive on it.

It's a sound deadening material that's widely used in the automotive industry. Dynomat was the first to come out with this back in the day, so they're the most expensive. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives available these days. It's great stuff. Search for it on YouTube to get a better idea.

Bunta

It's a sound deadening material that's widely used in the automotive industry. Dynomat was the first to come out with this back in the day, so they're the most expensive. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives available these days. It's great stuff. Search for it on YouTube to get a better idea.
i'll check this out. i don't really mind the noise, the only noise that gets me is that of the wind hitting the windows. i read that wind deflectors would help with this, so i might try that out.

DMO

Appreciate the Feedback .. I Only notice it when the baby is in the car, because i dont play music when shes in it.. so i hear it. Otherwise it doesnt matter to me. I will look into the Dynomat

i remember a while back i was into fixing up my mk4 jetta and i stumbled upon a video about fixing the door panels and adding a material for noise reduction and insulation . all they did was take the door panels off and line the bare door with the material with 3m adhesive on it.
i did exactly the same to my corolla. i did it to the rear doors, trunk and panel behind back seats.

back when i started noticingg all the rattle noises, i counted 9 of them, so far ive been able to fix 4 of them. out of desperation, one time i punched the visor thinking that buzzing sound was coming from there. i can not see myself in that mirror again.if you have the same issue i recommend starting with adding some structural support to all the doors (with sound dampening tape) its so sad it sad

did you notice any noise reduction?
i did, tho im still dealing with the other noises, i found out that the doors do not have any structural support, i mean, imagine a "T", got it? now cut that "T" in half. right were you cut the "T" in half is where some of the rattle is coming from. now my question is, how the fuck do u consider this a good idea? how the fuck?how?

Bunta

i did, tho im still dealing with the other noises, i found out that the doors do not have any structural support, i mean, imagine a "T", got it? now cut that "T" in half. right were you cut the "T" in half is where some of the rattle is coming from. now my question is, how the fuck do u consider this a good idea? how the fuck?how?
kinda lost me at the "T" part

IDK whats up with your guys' Corollas. I went from an '04 Corolla to a '16, and the difference is night and day. My '04, driving freeway speeds of 85 MPH, the car was well over 80 Db (OSHA unsafe for 7+ hours). For being a cheap car, these new Corolla's are really quiet. Maybe mine just doesn't have anything rattling about? PS also have Michelin Destiny's on both cars.

IDK whats up with your guys' Corollas. I went from an '04 Corolla to a '16, and the difference is night and day. My '04, driving freeway speeds of 85 MPH, the car was well over 80 Db (OSHA unsafe for 7+ hours). For being a cheap car, these new Corolla's are really quiet. Maybe mine just doesn't have anything rattling about? PS also have Michelin Destiny's on both cars.
I have a Highlander that I compare it to. It's super quiet and no rattles.
My Corolla is not as quiet and doesn't rattle until I turn the bass up. I have two 12" subs in the back. So I can't really complain since I'm the cause of the rattles. However, if you were to lightly tap on the rear deck cover, I'm sure you will discover room for better insulation especially if you have aftermarket speakers back there.
Most of my rattles come from the rear of the car where there's a lot going on. But I am able to tackle one at a time and eventually, I'll get em all!

Bunta

to be honest i don't have any problems with noise except for the wind noise. i just wanted to give some info that might help others.

koby

Coming from my older cars this corolla is super quiet. A front/ rear strut bar kills a ton of the rattles. My son always says go faster dad because the car is quiet compared to things I have driven in the past/ the car my dad has.

I actually plan on doing this now that I got my custom catback on, and I ordered the dynamat. How do you remove the back seats?
There is one bolt on the back of the bottom seat, kinda between the seat belts. Then just pull firmly up on the front. It will feel like your going to break it, but it just snaps together.

I've started to install Dynamat... EVERYWHERE! And it's helping.
Did the back side of the outer skin on the trunk lid this weekend and I'm already noticing a difference.
I bought 5 sheets 18"x 36", managed to get an entire sheet (in pieces), back in there.
I'll probably work on the trunk more this week since it's helping with bass rattle and road noise.

i'll check this out. i don't really mind the noise, the only noise that gets me is that of the wind hitting the windows. i read that wind deflectors would help with this, so i might try that out.
I had the window shades out on yesterday, if the sun shows itself today I'll post some pictures of it. Haven't had it on the highway to tell you if wind noise is reduced.

Also on my 2014 it doesn't seem noisy or rattle to me unless I have it turned up.