Can I save money on an exhaust repair?

joe77

Hello everyone,

My 2006 Corolla's resonator pipe rusted away the clamp after the catalytic converter. I'm prepared to replace the entire resonator pipe for under a hundred bucks with new clamp and rear gasket, but I think I can do it cheaper. Would you recommend welding a short length of pipe to the resonator's rusted inlet in order to meet the front pipe clamp? What about cleaning the rusted inlet and clamping without adding any length of pipe? Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

My 2006 Corolla's resonator pipe rusted away the clamp after the catalytic converter. I'm prepared to replace the entire resonator pipe for under a hundred bucks with new clamp and rear gasket, but I
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/ think I can do it cheaper. Would you recommend welding a short length of pipe to the resonator's rusted inlet in order to meet the front pipe clamp? What about cleaning the rusted inlet and clamping without adding any length of pipe? Thanks in advance

my issue has been solved!

Demixl

Undoubtedly, you can save money and do all the work yourself. To do this, you need to have a welding machine and knowledge of proper welding. Once I also wanted to save on repairs and my father just left a lot of tools, including a welding machine. From my childhood, I don't remember much of my father's stories about proper welding, but thanks to the manual at prowelderguide.com I managed to fix the crack myself and save a lot of money. I think in the service I would have to pay a lot for such work. Surprisingly, the work turned out to be of such high quality that I no longer had any cracks. The main thing is care and patience, then you will succeed

Undoubtedly, you can save money and do all the work yourself. To do this, you need to have a welding machine and knowledge of proper welding. Once I also wanted to save on repairs and my father just left a lot of tools, including a welding machine. From my childhood, I don't remember much of my father's stories about proper welding, but thanks to the manual at prowelderguide.com I managed to fix the crack myself and save a lot of money. I think in the service I would have to pay a lot for such work. Surprisingly, the work turned out to be of such high quality that I no longer had any cracks. The main thing is care and patience, then you will succeed
Where can I find some more feedback?

Damage to your exhaust can cause a range of problems. You might simply notice an increase in the amount of fuel you’re using (wasting fuel and money) but if fumes escape into the wrong place they can cause damage to other parts or get into the car’s cabin.

Undoubtedly, you can save money and do all the work yourself. To do this, you need to have a welding machine and knowledge of proper welding. Once I also wanted to save on repairs and my father just left a lot of tools, including a welding machine. From my childhood, I don't remember much of my father's stories about proper welding, but thanks to the manual at pdf to jpg. I managed to fix the crack myself and save a lot of money. I think in the service I would have to pay a lot for such work. Surprisingly, the work turned out to be of such high quality that I no longer had any cracks. The main thing is care and patience, then you will succeed
my issue has been solved!