Can't get 2008 CE into keyless entry programming mode

I'm in a hurry typing this so apologies in advance if any other forum has the solution to my issue. I've researched this in the past and tried a few different methods I've seen but I got nothing.

My problem is I can't get my car to get into programming mode. When I try the procedure to do so, my door locks don't do anything to signify it's ready to receive a keyless entry remote. I purchased a used OEM remote with the same frequency but the remote I replaced when buying it used didn't work on the car when they gave it to me - either way though, my problem clearly doesn't have to do with the remote itself as I can't get the car to receive anything to begin with. Power locks are the originals as far as I can tell. What am I doing wrong/what should I do? Tried about 8 times now, timing myself along with videos, and I don't want to have to shell out $60 for the dealer or a locksmith to program it once.

If it helps, one time I went along with it even though the locks didn't do anything and I went with another mode than just add, and when I used the remote it came with to finish the steps it let out a very short beep but the car wouldn't respond to anything I did with the remote afterwards as if nothing happened.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

I'm having the same problem as you. I heard of a way to do it by getting a USB connecter and software TIS Techstream and doing it from a laptop. I'll let you know if that works.

I'm having the same problem as you. I heard of a way to do it by getting a USB connecter and software TIS Techstream and doing it from a laptop. I'll let you know if that works.
Thanks! If it works that way I'd say the price is at least a bit more justified due to future general usage.

I have a similar issue with our 2010 Corolla S. I am attempting to program a new transponder and I cant get it to go into program mode with the Master Key. I believe I read somewhere that it can be due to the number of keys programmed has reached its limit which is 5. So I am assuming some of those have to be deleted in order to program a new one. I also understand that the procedure for the 2010 models is different. I actually purchased an OBD II transponder and remote programmer for G and H Chip keys. The only other noteworthy thing I have is the security light near the radio console operates normally, but the upper dash warning light does not illuminate to indicate that the alarm system is armed. I am going to disconnect the Dome Fuse and see if that has any effect. Good Luck