Changing shift knob

Just received a carbon fiber Mishimoto shift knob i loe the look and feel of. On my automatic shifter I can remove the stock knob, I have the correct threaded adapter to mount the new know, BUT....the chrome/plastic ring and the stock knob are channeled to fit together. So altho the new knob will thread onto the shifter, the leather boot will not attach to it. Im thinking some sort of spacer to go onto the shifter before the knob to fill in some space?
The carbon fiber knob looks amazing and I want to make it work...but not at the expense of looking halfass or unfinished....ideas???

I think I'll do the "shift boot" look. Maybe not with a crown Royal bag, but something. Will give a clean look and allow me to lengthen it to meet the knob and tie it off tight...Just have to find a video of removing the center console on 2014

I think I'll do the "shift boot" look. Maybe not with a crown Royal bag, but something. Will give a clean look and allow me to lengthen it to meet the knob and tie it off tight...Just have to find a video of removing the center console on 2014
You trying to remove the black glossy trim around the shift knob?

No. The shift knob is one piece. There is a chrome ring stitched into the top of the boot. It is channeled and "clicks " into the bottom of the factory knob. The new knob lacks these channels therefore the factory boot cannot click into the bottom of it. If you have a 2014 automatic Corolla you can look and better underatand. So my plan is to cover the entire area with a boot. It will give it the appearance of a manual shifter. You can see these vids on YouTube .

No. The shift knob is one piece. There is a chrome ring stitched into the top of the boot. It is channeled and "clicks " into the bottom of the factory knob. The new knob lacks these channels therefore the factory boot cannot click into the bottom of it. If you have a 2014 automatic Corolla you can look and better underatand. So my plan is to cover the entire area with a boot. It will give it the appearance of a manual shifter. You can see these vids on YouTube .
It's my understanding that if you remove the console trim, to remove the entire boot; you can turn it inside out, & cut the zip-tie that is holding that chrome piece on.

Yeah I did that. I have a crown royal bag over the shifter.