Climate Control Knob Problems (2010 Corolla S)

JFran018

Corolla Chiver
Let me start off by saying I am new to this and this is my first post. Secondly, Merry Christmas! So here is my problem ...

This morning I got into my car and went to turn the heat on as it is below 20 degrees outside. The problem is that the right climate control knob won't turn and was left in the 'cold' position. No matter how hard I try to turn it or pull the knob off nothing is working. I don't want to force anything too much in fear of breaking the knob itself. Has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy way to fix it without having to take it to the dealer?

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :)

Possibly the knob had some condensation/water in it and it has frozen? Try turning the heat setting to maximum and letting the interior get nice and hot to see if it maybe thaws out the ice.

JFran018

Corolla Chiver
I thought of that Scott, and thanks for the welcome, but that's the thing, I can't turn the heat on because the knob is stuck in the blue section thus blowing only cold air.

JFran018

Corolla Chiver
The temperature went above 32 degrees and the knob was able to turn again. Must have been frozen like you said. Never had it happen before.

Thanks for the help!