Connor

My check engine light came on, and my transmission would not go past third gear, and I had delayed acceleration. The code "P0977" came up on the OBD reader. I disconnected the battery, reconnected it, and the car drove perfectly normal for a few days. Then, it came back on again, same code. I disconnected the battery and checked all fuses, then started the car. Now, the car shifts into all gears and drives normally, but the light is on again, now putting out code "P0788" and my stabilty control light is on. I know it's talking about the shift Solenoid A & B, is this an electronic malfunction, or is there something seriously wrong? I only ask because the car is still driving normally.

Have you ever changed the transmission fluid in your car before? If not, check the dipstick and see how the condition of the fluid is.

Usually, people who never service their auto transmission fluid will result in the transmission fluid degrading and damaging the shift solenoids. I'd start by draining out all of the old fluid and replacing it with new fluid to see if it helps with the codes and shift quality.

Have you ever changed the transmission fluid in your car before? If not, check the dipstick and see how the condition of the fluid is.

Usually, people who never service their auto transmission fluid will result in the transmission fluid degrading and damaging the shift solenoids. I'd start by draining out all of the old fluid and replacing it with new fluid to see if it helps with the codes and shift quality.
It was actually a burned out computer. I change my fluid regularly, and had just flushed it last year, but I checked that anyway. With the way the codes kept changing all the time, I figured it had to be what the solenoids talked to, and I was right. It's at the shop right now getting a new computer installed.