Coming up on my first 5k/6 month maintenance, should I get balancing and rotation done?

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Raza Waqif, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Raza Waqif

Raza Waqif New Member

Greetings y'all! My 2015 S+ is fixing to hit it's next 5,000 mile checkup (previous owner drove it 30k, so it's my first 5k on the car). Is this the time that balancing and rotation is done as well? Or is that done at a separate time? Back when I had my 03 Corolla you could tell when it needed balancing and rotation done just by letting go of the steering wheel for a few seconds, on the 2015 not so much. Any help is much appreciated!

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. jolly

jolly New Member

Rotating every 5-7 K, yes. Balancing ? No. Unless the tire wear unevenly (because of rotating neglect...), has to be removed from the wheel for some reason or the tire or wheel get damaged (hitting a curb, etc) or lose a wright, I've never seen the need to get re-balancing - and I tend to keep my cars for a long time. If one or more wheel is unbalanced, you'll immediately feel it as the car would vibrate. Letting go of the steering with the car then not going straight is something else : alignment.

Raza Waqif likes this.
  4. OP
    Raza Waqif

Raza Waqif New Member

Ah, thank you! Rotating it is, then. It doesn't feel like my car needs alignment, but I can always ask them to check and see if it does -- I haven't hit any curbs or big bumps and don't plan on doing so any time soon!

5. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

Yep, I would just do rotations every 5-6 k miles.