Corolla 1.8L engine noise "clacking"

hi guys,

I'm new and just bought a 97 Corolla with a 1.8L engine to fix up for fun.
It has a particular engine noise and I'm hoping someone here is familiar and can confirm what it is.

It seems to be intermittent and doesn't quite sound like a rod knock but it's definitely coming from about half way down and far left of the engine near cylinder #1

My thought was this is probably the timing belt tensioner but I wanted to get confirmation if someone here can identify the sound.
Tried to attach a video of the car running so that you can hear it but it won't let me attach any videos, maybe because I am new?
The car has 260k miles on it and the belt and tensioner have never been changed, the clacking sound is definitely coming from around that area but I wanted to get an idea if it could be anything else. I found a very tiny metallic shred on the oil dipstick that looked like it may be a yellow metal, is that consistent with any part of the tensioner?
Intermittent clacking, near #1 cylinder (passenger side) of the car
Car won't run for crap.

It won't let me attach a video of it.. thoughts please.
I already have a new timing belt and tensioner for the car, just want to see if this can be confirmed before I replace them.

Thanks!

Here's an update... video we recorded:
sendvid /r1913ai5

A video I found on youtube with the same noise, you can clearly SEE THE BELT reverberating
youtube /watch?v=32LdQtIQblA
Not quite the same engine but IT IS THE EXACT NOISE

The hard starting, popping, no power, are all consistent with cams out of time, so I'll replace the timing belt and report back.
Site wont let me post correct links since i'm new.. just goto sendvid or youtube and past the rest of the URL to hear the horrible noise it makes.

UPDATE:

CONFIRMED. Timing belt 100% causing the clanking metallic noise.
Also, there was a metallic squeal coming from the side of the engine that dissipated when water was sprayed on the accessories.. so I found a bad accessory to I removed the belts.
Sure enough, the alternator bearings are seized up.

New timing belt, New alternator, hopefully that will be it.
My friend recorded a video while I started the car with the timing cover removed.. you can clearly see (and hear) for yourself the timing belt is hitting causing the noise and the slack is causing the misfire.
HERE'S THE VIDEO:
https://sendvid.com/rp7gq8jm

Will update when changed.
I hope this helps someone experiencing a similar issue!

Update on something else to watch out for. Mine was a clatter noise that changed with engine rpm. Started off soft, and over a few days to a week, got very definite. Sharp metal-on-metal clattery noise. Then one day while driving the engine just dies and won't restart. Turns out the harmonic balancer had slipped on the crankshaft. In spite of the key that is supposed to hold it in place. This can be fixed by welding a sleeve onto the crankshaft and re-machining the inside of the balancer. If you do this though, just be sure to leave a shoulder on the crankshaft for the balancer to sit against. If you don't, be ready to replace the crankshaft a few weeks later.