Corolla 2015

I'm very excited as I should be getting my new Corolla in a few days. I live in Guatemala and the version I will get is a bit different from the ones I have seen sold elsewhere. It is made in the USA for sure. It has the 1.8 double VVTI engine and the CVT with the D, S and B options, no Eco button, nor sport button neither. It has two front airbags only, and four disk in the break system. Regular radio with four speakers and Manuel AC which I hope will blow very cold. I choose the silver over the gray slate as I guess it will be easier to maintain. I brings 16 inches factory alloy wheels and cloth upholstery. I am trading in a 2008 Ford Fusion which was good and solid, but I hope the Corolla will be a great car in most aspects. I am glad I found this forum. cheers to all!

Please excuse the grammar, but my English is very rusted! I want to add that this car did not bring fog lights, but at a price the dealer which by the way is great will have them installed as well as and alarm and rear parking sensors as after all, this Corolla is a long car, at least for our standars, almost as long as the Fusion. By the way, I have a little concern regarding the black front grill, how to take care of it? I am afraid it is going to get water stains and scratches soon...

Definitely different options than what we get in the states. Sounds good though!

As far as the black grill, it's painted on my S, so I clayed and waxed it like I did with the rest of the car and it looks great.

Thanks!

Thank you for you good wishes! Yes, I have realized that the S version has a highly polished grill, which is better than the plastic one of the other versions.

I would think that manual or automatic AC has the same strength, does it blow very cold as some other Asian brands? Thank you again.

Bienvenido. Como describiste la palanca de cambios suena como un auto hybrido. Asi son Las palancas an el Prius. En otras partes del Mundo el Corolla es vendido como un auto mas "fino" que aqui en Canada y USA por lo tanto puede que tenga differentes opciones. Por casualidad los assientos traseros pueden reclinarse?. (translation) welcome. From what you described about the shifter it sound like a hybrid. Sounds like the shifter in the Prius. In other parts of the world the Corolla is sold as a "finer" vehicle than here in Canada and the US, hence it may have different options. By chance can the rear seats recline?

Last edited:
Hola, muchas gracias por tu mensaje. Tienes razón, en Guatemala la marca Toyota esta muy bien puesta en el país, y un Corolla es visto como mejor auto que otros de marcas también reconocidas. A Centroamérica traen versiones un poco más básicas que las que venden en los EEUU o en Canadá. La caja de cambios es tecnología CVT y me parece que es la misma que usan para Prius, es decir que no es tecnología nueva en Toyota, aunque si es nueva para Corolla. Los asientos traseros son abatibles, pero no son reclinables. El auto esta muy agradable e interesante!
You are right, Toyota is a very well established brand in Guatemala, and a Corolla is seen as a better car than other from other we'll know brands. To the region Toyota brings more basic versions than the ones they sell in the USA and Canada. The gearbox is CVT technology, I think Toyota has been using it for years in their Prius models, however it is kind of new for the Corolla. The back seats can be pulled down, but are not reclinable. This is a very nice and interesting car!

Correcto. La caja CVT lo ha tenido el Corolla en otras partes del mundo. Solo en nuestro hemesferico apenas lo han implementado en el nuevo modelo. Aqui hay dos verciones. Un CVT para el modelo LE y LE ECO, you otra para el modelo S.

Tu español es excelente! Me parece que la caja CVT es agradable, al menos para mi. Supongo que tiene que ver un poco con las necesidades de cada conductor. Aquí hay mucho trafico, poco espacio, hay que hacer salidas rápidas y luego parar de repente... En mi caso es mi primer carro con este tipo de tecnología y hasta el momento lo siento todo muy adecuado, espero que sea así siempre!

naci y vivi en Venezuela hasta los 25 anos. mis padres son de Canada pero solo tengo 14 anos viviendo aqui. por el motivo de tu carro es un Toyota asi que sin duda (dedos cruzados detras de mi espalda) deberia durar para siempre ;-) En parte es la razon que yo compre el mio. tengo confianza que va a durar.

Hola, ahora veo el porque tu español es perfecto! Felicitaciones. Pues si, yo también espero que mi Corolla dure mucho. Tengo dos problemas de ruidos, en la puerta trasera derecha y también el el tablero.. Ya me dijeron que los van a reparar, pero tienen que quedarse con el auto una semana completa, ellos me prestaran otro auto mientras hacen la reparación, ojalá lo logren resolver porque los ruidos son muy molestos, sobre todo si el auto es nuevo. Saludos y también deseo que tu Corolla te de mucha satisfacción.

ojala y lo reparan. you tengo un ruido en el techo y dos veces han tenido el carro y no lo reparan. mi flojera en llevan el auto otra vez es mas grande que el ruido lol.