Corolla 2016 S thicker wheels?

hey guys. I have a Corolla S and I hate how the wheels are hidden so inside of the car. I want to get newer wheels, same size (17”) but wider. I know they’re 7” so I’m looking at maybe 8”. Is that okay? Or would it rub the bumper as I turn? I was thinking about spacers but I do Uber and there’s a lot of pot holes so I don’t want to wear out my suspension or arms quickly because of that. Thank you.

hey guys. I have a Corolla S and I hate how the wheels are hidden so inside of the car. I want to get newer wheels, same size (17”) but wider. I know they’re 7” so I’m looking at maybe 8”. Is that okay? Or would it rub the bumper as I turn? I was thinking about spacers but I do Uber and there’s a lot of pot holes so I don’t want to wear out my suspension or arms quickly because of that. Thank you.
You could get 17x8 +35mm offset as they work great. The other option is to get some 20mm hub centric spacers for your current wheels and that will work well too.

I am running a 215/45/17 17x9.5 5x100

Attachments

Just make sure to roll your fenders!!