Corolla 2017 heated steering wheel.

Looking for help with a heated steering wheel on a 2017 Corolla.
When switch is turned on it heats for about one minute. You hear a pop sound and heater cuts out. There is also a slight burnt wire smell. Heater will not work again until much later with the same results.

Looking for help with a heated steering wheel on a 2017 Corolla.
When switch is turned on it heats for about one minute. You hear a pop sound and heater cuts out. There is also a slight burnt wire smell. Heater will not work again until much later with the same results.
Your car is a 2017 and still under warranty. why would you not take to dealer and let them fix it.

I would think, just like the rear defrost, there would be a time setting that will turn off the heater. However It would be longer than a minute and should not smell. When my rear defrost turns off it does not smell. I would insist with the dealer, maybe even got to another dealer, what you are describing does not sound like that is how it should work.

I would think, just like the rear defrost, there would be a time setting that will turn off the heater. However It would be longer than a minute and should not smell. When my rear defrost turns off it does not smell. I would insist with the dealer, maybe even got to another dealer, what you are describing does not sound like that is how it should work.
Good advice. We're not done with this yet. Not exaggerating on the one minute or the smell. Going to return and talk to sales. Thx for responding.