Corolla abuse threshold

My 2014 corolla has 53,000 miles and I tend to floor my car a lot. I do full synthetic oil changes every 3 to 5 thousand miles. Am I hurting the engine if my car hits 6k rpm a lot? I also wait for it to be at normal operating temperature before flooring it.

It's certainly not helping things. It puts a lot of strain on the engine and transmission when you floor it constantly. All you're doing is reducing the life of the engine by driving like that, but no one will be able to tell you when that will happen. It's a dice roll.

Heat is what kills a engine so imagine what's going on wen pushing hard. But good thing ur doing oil changes frequently especially with synthetic. Another that kills a engine n most people don't is driving short trips n letting it warm enough to burn up the carbon deposits that builds up eventually killing hp n mpgs.

True. I'll try to drive less aggressively. I am not worried about heat. The engine temp gauge always shows normal and the leaner an engine runs, the hotter it gets. When you floor it, it really sucks down the gas, so it's not running very lean.

I say you're fine as long as you keep up on the oil changes and wait for it to warm up like you said. These motors are made to run forever. The thing I worry about in this car is the CVT, when I'm beating on it, it acts funny.

I bought the Toyota because of the historic reliability, same reason I bought the Honda Civic Si. I've had my Si for almost 8 years now and 82,000 miles. It revs up to 8 thousand rpms, and it goes up that high nearly every time I drive it. I am religious on the oil changes and other maintenance so I figure I'm fine. It currently runs as perfect as it did when I bought it.

I know Toyotas can take alot of abuse, however I drive a corolla, not a Ferrari, so I drive efficiently and safely. Treat your car well and it will treat you well.

I will say, for as aggressive as I drive, I still get 37 to 40 MPG. (All highway) I also plan on keeping the car for another 5 to 6 years, so I think it will last at least that long.