Corolla Front Brake Job

I'm about to embark on replacing the rotors and front pads on my Corolla. Both were last replaced at 59K miles and the car has 112K now, and the rotors are warped again.

I've done one other front brake job (rotors and pads also) by myself on my son's 2001 Accord and it wasn't too difficult. Is there anything special about removing the calipers or rotors on the Corolla? I know the Honda only had 3 bolts to remove to take off the calipers and Honda uses those screws to hold the rotors on which were a pain. Other than than that, the rotors pulled off easily. The other difference is the Honda was non-ABS but my Corolla has ABS- so is there anything I need to do differently with ABS?

Piece of cake

Taking my time it took about 1 1/2 hours. The bolts weren't stuck too bad (brakes last done 3 years ago) and the rotors practically feel off once the Calipers were off. The pads actually looked good after 50K miles but the rotors are toast. Used cheapo Autozone rotors and pads so will probably redo them more often, but for a total of $109- not too bad every couple of years.

I hate those retaining screws they put on rotors. I did a brake job on my Discovery a couple months back... took about two hours in total to get those 4 bloody retaining screws off with an impact. Probably didn't help that it was my first brake job either... but brakes are pretty easy... what kind of new pads did you put on there? I put ceramic akebonos on my Rover and love them... I'm thinking about putting them on the Corolla when the time comes... no dust at all.

I just used the Duramax Gold pads that Autozone sells. I have them on the Honda and they have a good feel and stop well. We'll have to see how long they really last. Actually the Honda is still missing one of those screws as I never replaced the one my friend helped drill out to get it off. Not sure it makes any difference.

Made in China brake pads?

Missing brake parts not making any difference?
The retaining screws on those rotors only serves to keep the rotor on as it moves along an assembly line in the manufacturing process. It actually serves no other purpose later on, as the wheel and caliper hold the rotor on just fine.