Corolla Fuel Efficiency

Whoa, that's illegal and the punishment is $4,500, 30 days in jail, or both.
It can also reduce fuel economy and performance, not to mention poison the air we all need to breathe.

jcmaussa

7+ years user
I'm in Australia, I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla hatchback (toyota auris in Japan and Europe). is 1.8 L petrol engine (2ZR-FE) auto. same engine as most corollas in the States.
my consumption is 40+ on highway (+cruise control), around town is 37 to 39. I use 98 octane fuel.
I replaced the spark plugs for racing spark plugs, you can feel the difference in the response of the car when you accelerate.
and changed the airfilter. initially I had a high flow but the oil coming from it blocks your oxygen sensor, so I changed for the Toyota Aurion filter.

And by the way the best petrol I tried is the ethanol E85 (105 octane). but you have to adjust the ECU to get the best of it.

Have fun!!!

There are many problems with ethanol E85 fuel. It attacks and degrades the engine oil so aggressively that oil drain intervals must be cut in half, doubling oil change costs and all the environmental problems that causes as well. E85 also can attack and deteriorate fuel lines, gaskets and seals, as well as the expensive fuel injectors themselves.

jcmaussa

7+ years user
There are many problems with ethanol E85 fuel. It attacks and degrades the engine oil so aggressively that oil drain intervals must be cut in half, doubling oil change costs and all the environmental problems that causes as well. E85 also can attack and deteriorate fuel lines, gaskets and seals, as well as the expensive fuel injectors themselves.
Thanks Scott,
Very true E85 has some issues in the long run. Have you tried in the race track?
I must say it's like drugs; you know it's bad for you but it's so addictive.

I tried before Xylol and Toluol, to increase power, but I noticed that the oil once is changed was black and some residues were noticeable.
Using Bp Ultimate 98 only, the oil once is changed is still brownish.
I'm still using semi synthetic oil. is the synthetic oil any better for the corolla performance?

Ted

All this talk about mpgs is always interesting, however, what you really have to calculate is how far your wife's bladder can go between gas stations. And, as usual, when you hear those words "I have to go" you're always a hundred miles in any direction to the next station but you're expected to materialize a full-service station on command in the next five minutes.