Corolla K313 CVT same model as Toyota C-HR?

Hey guys,

I was just looking at this new Toyota C-HR and it seems to come with a 2.0L 4banger with a CVT. 2.0 has around 140hp and lil more torque I would imagine.

I was curious if it uses the same K313 CVT transmission as Corolla. If it does which I wouldn't be surprised, then Toyota must feel pretty confident that although not much more powerful but still, the 2.0L won't cause a failure which would be another reassurance that a boosted corolla with a CVT would be able to take more power although we're talking about 50hp more give or take.

I would be love to know if it's the same tranny. If anyone found some info on this please do share as I haven't been able to find jack. Thanks.

I don't know if it's exactly the same. There are many models and variants. The K313 already manage 140HP in the Corolla LE Eco and you can bet that Toyota didn't calculate the capacity at 1HP close.
Other models from Toyota-Aisin already hold 268HP in the Subaru WRX.

I think we’re all being fooled.
I’ll bet the CVT can handle somewhere between 300-500 horsepower. It was built for longevity.
I’m curious if it uses a steel belt or rubber, that would give me a better indication of what it’s capable of.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The 2.0L in the CHR is the 3ZR-FAE which is very similar to the 2ZR in the Corollas. The main difference is that it has a 2.0L block vs the 1.8L block that the Corolla has. So it could be possible that it's using the K313 CVT as well.

The 2.0L in the CHR is the 3ZR-FAE which is very similar to the 2ZR in the Corollas. The main difference is that it has a 2.0L block vs the 1.8L block that the Corolla has. So it could be possible that it's using the K313 CVT as well.
My thoughts exactly. Would be Nice to find source that nas specs listed.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
My thoughts exactly. Would be Nice to find source that nas specs listed.
After looking at the CHR owner's manual, the section for the CVT states that the M position on the shifter is the "7-speed sport sequential shiftmatic mode driving" which is the same in the K313 transmission. So it is most likely a K313 that is in the CHR. Either way, I'll be going to a Toyota dealer soon to look at a CHR and I'll check the door sticker to see what transmission is actually in it.

After looking at the CHR owner's manual, the section for the CVT states that the M position on the shifter is the "7-speed sport sequential shiftmatic mode driving" which is the same in the K313 transmission. So it is most likely a K313 that is in the CHR. Either way, I'll be going to a Toyota dealer soon to look at a CHR and I'll check the door sticker to see what transmission is actually in it.
Great news, that means Toyota believes this tranny can hold it's own on a little crossover wagon and will be around for much longer given CHR is just coming out which means more used trannies from crashed cars, cheaper costs, more shops rebuilding then rather than dealerships replacing them. I don't get the modular approach. In europe/asia and other parts of the world they sell overhaul set for our CVT and others which is much cheaper to rebuild than install new especially at the dealer. We're probably talking 50% cheaper if not more.

I was curious if the tranny was identical and the fact is that it's not. K114 is used in engines 2.0L and slightly larger motors so I'm pretty sure it's designed to handle more power. Put that aside, I was really surprised to find out they build CHRs in Turkey. No offense but I would probably pass.

I think we’re all being fooled.
I’ll bet the CVT can handle somewhere between 300-500 horsepower. It was built for longevity.
I’m curious if it uses a steel belt or rubber, that would give me a better indication of what it’s capable of.
"I’ll bet the CVT can handle somewhere between 300-500 horsepower" Did you pull those numbers out of your ass?

"Curious if it uses a steel belt or rubber" Really? You just lost all credibility when it comes to anything mechanically related.

Transmissions power capability ratings are based on TORQUE.

"I’ll bet the CVT can handle somewhere between 300-500 horsepower" Did you pull those numbers out of your ass?

"Curious if it uses a steel belt or rubber" Really? You just lost all credibility when it comes to anything mechanically related.

Transmissions power capability ratings are based on TORQUE.
I think you took my comment a little to seriously.