Corolla SE2017 Ideas

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Whatsup?

Recently bought a 2017 Corolla SE and its absolutely sick. The dealership wants to put a pinstripe on it (black exterior) and told me we can be "more expressive", any ideas of placement/color of the pinstripe?

Also, I'm interested in trying to make my headliner black instead of that beige/gray. Has anyone done this?

22068963_10155753478667813_404262736_o.jpg

Nice car! What color are you getting the pinstripe? I don’t know if the headliner replacement would be worth it. It wouldn’t be cheap and nobody will even notice except for you. Plus you’d have to even make sure that the headliner even came in black. Any other mods planned? I have a 2017 see myself.

Nice car! What color are you getting the pinstripe? I don’t know if the headliner replacement would be worth it. It wouldn’t be cheap and nobody will even notice except for you. Plus you’d have to even make sure that the headliner even came in black. Any other mods planned? I have a 2017 see myself.
I have a 2017 as well...just put K&N Intake on it, tinted the windows (attached pic was before the tint), blacked out the emblems with PlastiDIp, and gonna install a strut bar tomorrow :) // I plan on lowering it as well but too many options and not many people have 2017's so I am glad you two guys are on here. Either of you lower yours yet? 80x80.jpg

Attachments

I have a 2017 as well...just put K&N Intake on it, tinted the windows (attached pic was before the tint), blacked out the emblems with PlastiDIp, and gonna install a strut bar tomorrow :) // I plan on lowering it as well but too many options and not many people have 2017's so I am glad you two guys are on here. Either of you lower yours yet? View attachment 2904
Nice! Looks great! Mines on trd springs. I have tinted windows all around, plasti dip wheels, trd exhaust, black roof, ez lip front bumper lip, trd valve caps, “s” emblem from 14-16 corolla and 20mm rear spacers. I need to take recent pics, not everything I mentioned is in the attached file.

Attachments

ayyy brothers hahaha
The dealer said I can pick any color and placement. So its kind of overwhelming. The headliner thing is probably not worth it and my friend at lexus says toyota doesnt make any headliner stuff black. its always beige.

Other mods happening in the future:
-Stereo speaker replacements + Sub (nothing insane though)
-15% tinting
-possible headlight tinting

Was interested in sway bar, how much better does the car feel with one installed?

ayyy brothers hahaha
The dealer said I can pick any color and placement. So its kind of overwhelming. The headliner thing is probably not worth it and my friend at lexus says toyota doesnt make any headliner stuff black. its always beige.

Other mods happening in the future:
-Stereo speaker replacements + Sub (nothing insane though)
-15% tinting
-possible headlight tinting

Was interested in sway bar, how much better does the car feel with one installed?
Nice, another South Floridian. If you have any questions I can help. I just installed the strut bar and I definitely fee a difference in the handling and steering, much tighter.

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Whatsup?

Recently bought a 2017 Corolla SE and its absolutely sick. The dealership wants to put a pinstripe on it (black exterior) and told me we can be "more expressive", any ideas of placement/color of the pinstripe?

Also, I'm interested in trying to make my headliner black instead of that beige/gray. Has anyone done this?

View attachment 2896
Nice car, cvt or stick?

Nice! Looks great! Mines on trd springs. I have tinted windows all around, plasti dip wheels, trd exhaust, black roof, ez lip front bumper lip, trd valve caps, “s” emblem from 14-16 corolla and 20mm rear spacers. I need to take recent pics, not everything I mentioned is in the attached file.
Jesus, do you have a better pic of the EZ front lip?

Precisely. What kind of a chip is it? I'll be honest I know nothing about wiring, electric work but from what I've read there are a couple of different chips or mods from flashing the ECU, I guess you can revert back to just inserting an ODB2 module which will overwrite your cars ecu only if i'ts plugged in or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong (@chris) since I know you're into electronics and wiring by looking at the work you've already done.

Anyway, please provide more details and results, have you had the car dynoed or used your butt dyno? Reason why I'm skeptical is a lot of those ebay chips are a scam and don't produce any results. Do you have to have a short RAM intake and a new maf sensor or will it work with a stock MAF and just a dropped in K&N which is what I have. I think if these cars could achieve 10-20 more and some torque, they would be adequate even though I'm driving this thing like a grandma to keep my stress levels down. I've come very close to road rage situations which could have ended up in tragedy both from my end and the other drivers, stepped out of the car and everything ready for anything. This was an eyeopener and I've come to the conclusion it's always best to think twice because at the end you're not gaining anything. You'll either going to drive off in opposite directions or both go to jail. Sorry for opening up on the road rage but yeah, back to the chip, it would be nice to have especially with four people in the car, full trunk, carrier rack in the back and AC on full blast on on a ON ramp trying to speed up on the highway. That's the only situation where the power felt weak but the car had another 700 lb or more in it/on it. Thx guys.

Precisely. What kind of a chip is it? I'll be honest I know nothing about wiring, electric work but from what I've read there are a couple of different chips or mods from flashing the ECU, I guess you can revert back to just inserting an ODB2 module which will overwrite your cars ecu only if i'ts plugged in or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong (@chris) since I know you're into electronics and wiring by looking at the work you've already done.

Anyway, please provide more details and results, have you had the car dynoed or used your butt dyno? Reason why I'm skeptical is a lot of those ebay chips are a scam and don't produce any results. Do you have to have a short RAM intake and a new maf sensor or will it work with a stock MAF and just a dropped in K&N which is what I have. I think if these cars could achieve 10-20 more and some torque, they would be adequate even though I'm driving this thing like a grandma to keep my stress levels down. I've come very close to road rage situations which could have ended up in tragedy both from my end and the other drivers, stepped out of the car and everything ready for anything. This was an eyeopener and I've come to the conclusion it's always best to think twice because at the end you're not gaining anything. You'll either going to drive off in opposite directions or both go to jail. Sorry for opening up on the road rage but yeah, back to the chip, it would be nice to have especially with four people in the car, full trunk, carrier rack in the back and AC on full blast on on a ON ramp trying to speed up on the highway. That's the only situation where the power felt weak but the car had another 700 lb or more in it/on it. Thx guys.
It works ok, it wasn't a huge difference. But you don't need to change mass air or air filter, I just wanted to.
I will say the injen cold air intake combined with the mass air flow sensor works very good

I've been slowly progressing.
Things I have obtained over the last 2 weeks:

New Speakers (2 front, 2 rear)
Subwoofer (a single 12, nothing earth shaking)
Mud Flaps
Regular door sills (plan on getting some laser etching on them too)

What im looking to do in the future:
Install a TRD Sway bar
Possible headlight tinting.

Also whats with the this chip business?

Nice, another South Floridian. If you have any questions I can help. I just installed the strut bar and I definitely fee a difference in the handling and steering, much tighter.
I've been thinking about the sway bar ever since i bought mine (Aug. 2017), it handles curves well enough on its own, but i'd like that "tighter" feeling. Any opinion on TRD sway bar? I'm not in a position to install it myself. Too much cost to maybe have dealer put it on? Think it might scrape on speed bumps in parking lot? (I think the Corolla has a lot of clearance as is)...

I've been thinking about the sway bar ever since i bought mine (Aug. 2017), it handles curves well enough on its own, but i'd like that "tighter" feeling. Any opinion on TRD sway bar? I'm not in a position to install it myself. Too much cost to maybe have dealer put it on? Think it might scrape on speed bumps in parking lot? (I think the Corolla has a lot of clearance as is)...
You actually already have a rear sway bar. It’s a thin black rod that runs between your rear wheels, tucked inside that C channel thing. (Forgot technical name for C channel thing. Lol) The TRD sway bar is considerably larger in diameter.
You will notice the difference once installed as it will reduce body lean around those twisty’s!
I’m pretty sure your local repair shop could install this in a matter of minutes if your not willing to take on the task. It’s held in place by two large bolts with a very high torque value.

I was gonna ask if you were talking about a rear/front sway bar or a strut bar...I installed the strut bar myself, super simple and I definitely notice a difference coming on and off exit ramps or quick turns trying to rip it around them. As Chris mentioned there is already a sway bar on your car, you would simply be replacing it with a TRD part.

^tru let us know

random topic:
Anyone know there was a not-so-known toyota color called "Blackish Ageha Glass Flake" which is so insane. I got door edge guards to compliment my SE and give it some very light flair. Why did America not have the option for it?