Corolla starting problem

Hello guys,

this is not really a problem yet, but before few months I noticed that my corolla 2.0 D4D, year 2002 doesn't always start from first try. Since this happen once in 20-30 tries I didn't pay much attention. In last few days this started to happening more frequently, let say 3 out of 10 times and now it really starts to bother me.

Here, in this link you can see how it is.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=46244848811045237175
Basically, when I turn the key there is a cranking sound from starter for about 2 sec and then it becomes quiet with some buzzing in background. Then I turn back key and try again and now car starts. I drove care to one car electric service and they looked at the starter, examined brushes and and some gear part and said it is OK. They said also it could be ignition key cylinder and made separate wire I can use to bypass ignition cylinder in order to troubleshoot. In that case I need to place gear into neutral, make contact with key (ON position) and use this wire to connect it right to + pole of battery.
I did this and found it acts the same (approximately the same statistics like normal starting). Therefore, again I suspect the starter.

Could this be something else? Can you give me some advice? I don't want to continue giving money without solving the actual problem.

Thank you