Cracked windshield..... no chip or evidence of contact WTF?

Went out in the garage and got in my '15 yesterday to find a 4" crack in the windshield starting directly above the driver's sun visor. There is no visible stone chip or other contact.

It seems like it's a factory defect. I am going to insist the dealership, not my insurance, replace it.

Anyone else experience this?

follow along the crack and look closely, if there is even just the slightest little circular spot where a rock would have hit then it was a rock, especially look in the black area of the glass. We have replaced them under warranty but it was more of a goodwill thing because there was a rock chip, also a picture could help determine that.

Also did it crack when you cranked the heater or ac, happend overnight, etc...?

follow along the crack and look closely, if there is even just the slightest little circular spot where a rock would have hit then it was a rock, especially look in the black area of the glass. We have replaced them under warranty but it was more of a goodwill thing because there was a rock chip, also a picture could help determine that.

Also did it crack when you cranked the heater or ac, happend overnight, etc...?
Thanks for your reply. I looked carefully. Nothing. Nada.

It sat in the garage for a week. I spotted it when I backed out today. I could have been smaller a week ago, but I wash it regularly and have not previously seen it.

Took it to the dealer today. The service writer started a claim saying he'd never seen one like this before; no chip to start the crack.

I will keep you updated.
From my experience, the glass toyota uses on our cars is total crap. Thin and impossible to remove it without it cracking and breaking off like crazy. Similar to crappy glass I see on like Kias, also prius'.

Thomas

Same thing happened to my Corolla when I had it shipped overseas. No indention where the crack started or anything. The shipping company replaced the windshield since it happened during transit. My guess is that when they strapped the car to the ship's deck, it put some unusual stresses on the vehicle. I just hope they didn't mess anything up.