Cracks in my windshield, will it worsen? Should I replace it?

When I received the car a few months ago I was aware of the cracks, but they seemed rather minor at the time. I feel like they might have expanded at some point, but I didn't take pictures of them before I began to notice.
I don't really care about the visual impact of it, but I'd rather not have my windshield shatter at some point in the future. Are these cracks big enough that the integrity of my windshield is at risk? Is the location near the edge of the windshield a risk factor?

Thank you all in advance!

Yes you do need to replace the windshield. In some states that won't pass state inspection.Your insurance will cover cover all cost except for your deductible. It's usually $250 or $500 depending on your policy.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
cracks do tend to spider out. I would change it for sure. when is the best time I say warmer then colder weather if asked? so the selicon can cure.

cracks do tend to spider out. I would change it for sure. when is the best time I say warmer then colder weather if asked? so the selicon can cure.
The sooner you get it done the better. It dose not matter what the weather is. The stuff they use now days dose not have to set and cure. Safe T Lite will come to your house or work and replace it. Check with your insurance co first .if your car is older than a 2017 you can get new windshield any time. I had to wait 3 months for mine on a 2017 se.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Per my Insurance a doller bill size or smaller is not going to get a new windshield. when I work with glues it takes a hell lot longer in cold

Is replacing a windshield really so expensive that you want to file a claim against it? My deductible is $500. It is a 2010 Corolla S, so I'm sure that windshields are not hard to find.

Well next week I'm going to take it to the garage I trust to have them quote me on how much to replace it.

Thanks again y'all for your advice.

Is replacing a windshield really so expensive that you want to file a claim against it? My deductible is $500. It is a 2010 Corolla S, so I'm sure that windshields are not hard to find.

Well next week I'm going to take it to the garage I trust to have them quote me on how much to replace it.

Thanks again y'all for your advice.
Your windshield cost for a 2010 should not be more than $300. probably less. So I would not file a claim. Mine was much more expensive because of the Camera looking thru it. 2017 safety features.

See if there is a Gerber glass in your area. I had mine replaced for about $240 and they came to my house to do it. Safelite was considerably more.

I always carry full glass. For me at least, it doesn't cost much more. The process was easy, and I figure the insurance company is going to get the best deal and the safest replacement. I had 3 windshields on my last car (thanks to knobby tires releasing rocks into the air and unsecured cargo in a pickup bed). I used to get so stressed about it, but stuff hapens If I were you, I would ask an insurance company who they use in your area, then call them and see what kind of a deal they could give you without insurance.