Current Corolla MPG

Copying and Pasting my own post from another thread,

"
.... If I were to drive on the highway right after filling up, I could get into high 30s mpg, 40s if I'm going downhill, lol! But by the end of the week of driving about 40% Highway and 60% streets, it would drop into the low 30s and even high 20s if I've driven "aggressively". If I can end my week at 32 MPG, it would have been a "good week" Currently I'm at 31.5 MPG driving on the highway to work and streets for my other trips (again, at about 40% Highway and 60% streets).

Having said this, sometimes I'm disappointed at this especially thinking about how the Elantra and Civic get better mileage with a more powerful engine. I'm banking on the Rolla's rep for reliability to make me sleep better at night for passing up Elantra and Civic for my Corolla."

" .... just thinking about some of the reports I've read...saying even under real driving conditions, the Elantras and Civics still get better mileage with an overall more powerful engine. Also, Toyota says the CVTs are supposed to get better mileage but my sister's 8-9 y/o (2010), non CVT AT Corolla still gets the same mileage as mine, when I drive her car on my routes. Sigh... "

Br.

Copying and Pasting my own post from another thread," .... just thinking about some of the reports I've read...saying even under real driving conditions, the Elantras and Civics still get better mileage with an overall more powerful engine. Also, Toyota says the CVTs are supposed to get better mileage but my sister's 8-9 y/o (2010), non CVT AT Corolla still gets the same mileage as mine, when I drive her car on my routes. Sigh... "
In most cases it should be easy to exceed EPA estimates for fuel economy, but it takes a bit of knowledge and practice applying some hypermiling techniques. If you're serious about getting better MPG, read up on https://ecomodder.com/forum/ and see if you can adjust the nut behind the wheel.

My last tank averaged 40.5 MPG in a 2020 manual which is rated at 29/36/32. Granted, I've been hypermiling for a while now, but I think you should be able to adjust your driving behavior to get better results than you're seeing now.

I averaged 42.6 MPG my first month of driving my 2020 Corolla SE Sedan 6-MT. Most of that was unhindered straight-shot highway driving at 65-68 MPH in 6th gear around PHX, AZ. A/C has been on auto-control 70-72 degrees during that time.

In most cases it should be easy to exceed EPA estimates for fuel economy, but it takes a bit of knowledge and practice applying some hypermiling techniques. If you're serious about getting better MPG, read up on https://ecomodder.com/forum/ and see if you can adjust the nut behind the wheel.

My last tank averaged 40.5 MPG in a 2020 manual which is rated at 29/36/32. Granted, I've been hypermiling for a while now, but I think you should be able to adjust your driving behavior to get better results than you're seeing now.
Ahhh...after reading up on Hypermiling...i do that at night on surface streets...When i see a red light ahead and no one behind me, i ease off and try to "coast" until the light turns red to avoid having to come to a stop...i've always wondered if a cop would pull me over for driving too slow and suspiciously, lol.

Br.

Hello everyone, I wanted to see what most people are averaging MPG. I know the EPA estimates 29 City 37 Highway and 32 average. I’m getting around 40 average and I do accelerate gently but I wouldn’t say I’m a grandma driver. Wanting to see what everyone else is getting
I have filled up my 2020 LE sedan about 15 times and have been averaging better-than-sticker fuel economy. I use my car for mostly commuting and keep track of my MPGs through the Fuelly App—free and very useful at Fuelly.com. I can also see all the other results of people with the same model that use this app. I have been averaging about 40.7 MPGs with about 11% city, 89% highway driving. I also actively attempt to achieve good mileage, but not to the point where other drivers are inconvenienced.

Previously I had "complained" about not being able to get the kind of mileage it seems like every other driver here can get. With the freeways being much more clear these days, I can now say that I too, can get better than advertised MPG! Here's a pic of me cheating a bit (quite a lot actually) by taking a shot of the MPG reading right after getting gas and hopping onto the freeway: 1592332991407.png

But seriously, Bingo44's numbers are roughly what im getting as well...

-Br