CV Shaft Drivers side and Passenger Side

I have to change the CV shaft on the drivers side seeing as how it clicks like crazy when your turning.

Is there a certsain way to do it?
Any tricks?
youtube has some clips, but im not really confident in their approaches

Not really a certain way to do it, like tricks or anything. Pull old one out, install new one. I recommend changing the wheel nut as a matter of course, and never re-use cotter pins (for what they cost, I don't gamble with them).

If it is difficult to pull out, use a slide hammer.

If you don't have a slide hammer, you can take the other shaft out, then use a wooden dowel to smack the stubborn one out through the side you were able to remove.

Watch the video that Scott posted (he did it by using a prying tool instead of a slide hammer).

There is a clip on the driver side half shaft that you will have to break loose to remove the driver side. You can do what he did, but if that doesn't work, and you can't get a slide hammer, remove the passenger side half shaft since you need to replace it anyway (and that side typically does not have a clip), then use a wooden dowel through the differential to smack the driver side out that way.

To be honest with you though, if you are not mechanically inclined, I would have a shop work on this for you. If you take it apart and get lost, you lose the ability to tow it to a shop and you'll be stuck with it.

Yes, manged to get the shaft out, i changed the drivers side shaft, bth rotors and brakes. Thank you so much guys, you guys were very helpful. I made sure to put a little grease on the spline on both ends.

Yes, manged to get the shaft out, i changed the drivers side shaft, bth rotors and brakes. Thank you so much guys, you guys were very helpful. I made sure to put a little grease on the spline on both ends.
I'm glad it went well for you. YouTube can be a very valuable resource. :thumbup1: