CVT Cruise Control Engine Braking?

Anybody noticed this? Down steep hills while cruising eff binge braking will occur to help keep desired mph... I wonder two things, will all of them extra rpms (3-4k) fight against optimal gas mileage? Also reading around on some nissan forums some guys were mentioning being able to disable to engine braking... can we do this? Also any thoughts or comments?

It won't, because the fuel injectors are usually running very minimally (if at all) when engine braking is occurring. The extra rpms helps slow the vehicle down with friction of the engine. I haven't seen anything in the manual that says automatic engine braking can be disabled.

It won't, because the fuel injectors are usually running very minimally (if at all) when engine braking is occurring. The extra rpms helps slow the vehicle down with friction of the engine. I haven't seen anything in the manual that says automatic engine braking can be disabled.
Any info on engine braking like this creates extra wear on the engine? Also thank you for the previous answer :D

Well I find using the flippy paddle to down, move the CVT on fairly much any mountain which is lengthy enough to see the car choose up speed and need more than one tap on the brake to slow it up.

Last edited: