Defroster Advice Needed

Hello everyone,

I have a 2004 Corolla LE
and there is an issue with my defroster. It was not working so I found solder at one side was broken off. I had local shop solder it up but I only had three center wires (lines) melted up. I had the local shop put a new glass on but I got none wires melted up at this time. The shop claims that they checked the wires on the glass before the installation and they were supposed to be good. Their implication is that I may have an electrical issue with the car

My old glass had three wire lines melted up, so there is electrical current. And I can see the electrical current on the new glass too, not the horizontal wires but the vertical lines, at the left and right side of the glass, melt whenever I turn the defroster on.

Does anybody know what kind of problem this could be? Could it be not enough voltage between left and right solder terminals? How should I quickly get to the bottom of this situation?

Any of your help will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Frank

My first concern is that you have mentioned that wires were, "melted up". What made them melt? If they melted this indicates there is an electrical short in the system somewhere. I'm surprised a fuse didn't blow.