Dipping Rims Red?

Scratch that. I just saw that there is a new product from DipYourCar.Com and they have 2 new cans of PlastiDip Glow in green and blue. Im thinking...gunmetal gray car and make the rims, door handles, grilles, fog light housing, and side mirrors glow blue at night. What about that?

So a view ounces of evenly distributed rubber will mess up my balancing?
How can we be sure it will be evenly distributed?

Very small wheel weights can be used to balance a tire/wheel assembly, so adding weight to the wheel can indeed throw off the wheel balance and wear out tires prematurely. Over the years, I've had hundreds of customers come back to my auto center telling me we didn't balance their new tires right because the steering wheel is shaking. I bring the car inside, remove the accumulated snow and ice from the wheel and presto, problem solved. :thumbup1::)

Just a heads up for you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
How can we be sure it will be evenly distributed?

Very small wheel weights can be used to balance a tire/wheel assembly, so adding weight to the wheel can indeed throw off the wheel balance and wear out tires prematurely. Over the years, I've had hundreds of customers come back to my auto center telling me we didn't balance their new tires right because the steering wheel is shaking. I bring the car inside, remove the accumulated snow and ice from the wheel and presto, problem solved. :thumbup1::)

Just a heads up for you. :thumbsup:
Drove my car around after a snow storm in Reno and never noticed anything odd ... until I was on the non-snowed over part of the freeway and the car was shaking like crazy. Ended up having to use the tire iron to chisel the ice off the inside of my wheels. That was fun.

Personally, I love the way they look from the factory ... but I would go with gunmetal over red ... or perhaps a blue since the inside of the car has blue accenting.

I'm thinking of getting a switch where my Sport Mode button would be (since I have a 6MT) that would control interior lights. Want to light up the cup holders, the area where the USB and AUX port is, the door panels for the bottle holders, and then all 4 footwells. Would have it controlled by interior lights or dashboard lights, with the switch giving me the ability to turn it on or off (it would be 9 LEDs total for a buck a pop, so it would just be all labor for mounting the LEDs and doing the wiring).

Thinking about taking vacation in October since I am off from school that month and doing it then, since it will involve removing the center console and the front door panels.

Personally, I love the way they look from the factory ... but I would go with gunmetal over red ... or perhaps a blue since the inside of the car has blue accenting.

I'm thinking of getting a switch where my Sport Mode button would be (since I have a 6MT) that would control interior lights. Want to light up the cup holders, the area where the USB and AUX port is, the door panels for the bottle holders, and then all 4 footwells. Would have it controlled by interior lights or dashboard lights, with the switch giving me the ability to turn it on or off (it would be 9 LEDs total for a buck a pop, so it would just be all labor for mounting the LEDs and doing the wiring).

Thinking about taking vacation in October since I am off from school that month and doing it then, since it will involve removing the center console and the front door panels.
Nice, I like that idea a lot.