Do You Drive in Sport Mode?

I've noticed in Sport mode without Paddle shifters that the car stays in gear longer to keep you in the RPM power band...so I would not be surprised that it would lessen your gas mileage.

I've noticed in Sport mode without Paddle shifters that the car stays in gear longer to keep you in the RPM power band...so I would not be surprised that it would lessen your gas mileage.
It does lessen the gas mileage. When I want to drive quick or floor it against some other corolla I put my Corolla into Manual Mode and Sport Mode. The manual mode + Sport mode combo does help it take off faster. I raced a previous gen corolla on saturday and smoked him with this combo. Granted the low end torque of the 2014 Corolla leaves a lot to be desired.

But to be serious, it tightens the electric power steering system as well as changes the shift points to stay in your power-band.

Anybody that has the paddle shifters ... I'm curious how they respond. Is it an instant shift?

But to be serious, it tightens the electric power steering system as well as changes the shift points to stay in your power-band.

Anybody that has the paddle shifters ... I'm curious how they respond. Is it an instant shift?
Its about as instant as using the shifter in sport mode. I have had my car for about 3 months and have used paddle **** once and thats only cause a song i like came on and i was feeling sporty :)

It's pretty much instant...it doesn't really let you do anything stupid. It will shift for you if you get close to redline and such.

I don't use the sports mode because I would assume is GAS!?!?! I need to save $$ :)

I have a 2 year old daughter at the back seat so don't really need the SPORTS unless on on my own i can feel the difference.

Can anyone confirm if it really does take more gas?

I've used sport mode a few times on the highway when the wind was blowing my car around like no other. The tightened steering helped keep my car between the lines.