Does anyone else corolla burns gas fast ?? I have a 2016

Hi does anyone corolla burns gas fast? I filled up my tank Monday and today is Wednesday and I'm already below a half of tank of gas . I don't even drive that often .. I use regular gas .. what kind of gas do you guys use? And are yall experiencing the same problem ??

I know I've got a heavy foot but I don't think I'm that crazy. I get 27-28mpg. terrible for a corolla. MPG isn't my objective, so I dont mind too much but still.. I'm not sure what it is exactly

jolly

Depends on a lot of factors : CVT (better), M6 (not so good), 4AT (worst), wheel size, correct air pressure in tires, type of gas, ethanol or not, temperature. Then there is driving : highway, city, gradual vs fast accelerations and decelerations, stable or constant variation (even slightly) on gas pedal, speed, weight carried, etc. Mine (LE Eco base) never fail to give me between 30-50 (39 average, calculated over 2½ years). I'm not hyper milling, but I would certainly qualify for "easy driving" though.

Depends on a lot of factors : CVT (better), M6 (not so good), 4AT (worst), wheel size, correct air pressure in tires, type of gas, ethanol or not, temperature. Then there is driving : highway, city, gradual vs fast accelerations and decelerations, stable or constant variation (even slightly) on gas pedal, speed, weight carried, etc. Mine (LE Eco base) never fail to give me between 30-50 (39 average, calculated over 2½ years). I'm not hyper milling, but I would certainly qualify for "easy driving" though.
I have that same car except the 2016. I just got to 5300 miles. How has yours held up?

jolly

I have that same car except the 2016. I just got to 5300 miles. How has yours held up?
Only around 25,000 miles in those 30 months but nothing special to report beside oil changes every 5,000 miles.
Dash sometimes rattle while cabin temperature change (from heating in very cold winter temp / AC in very hot summer temp) then stop when cabin temp stabilize.
Just got a «free service campaign» (technically not a recall) from Toyota recommending a firmware update for the Valvematic system on next visit to the dealer.
The same was done in US (I'm in Canada) quite a while ago. Apparently a bug in the original firmware (2014) might put the car in limb mode under some specific conditions.

Hi does anyone corolla burns gas fast? I filled up my tank Monday and today is Wednesday and I'm already below a half of tank of gas . I don't even drive that often .. I use regular gas .. what kind of gas do you guys use? And are yall experiencing the same problem ??
I drive a 2015 Corolla S and I fill up every 275-290 miles. So say 27-28 mpg. Well, that's what's promised by the manufacturer.
I believe it clearly depends on how you drive. Driving in NY is super crazy with traffic around- round the clock.
When I drove to Ontario Canada (Sport mode), I had to fill up every 340 miles. That's pretty great.

I have 26k on my 6 speed Corolla and I have averaged 30mpg. I drive with a heavy foot and accelerate quickly so I am happy with my mileage. I'd say I do about 90% highway driving in traffic. Most trips are average speeds of less than 40mph (thanks Houston traffic)

I will say the gas gauge on my Corolla (and possibly all of them) read lower than what you actually have. This makes you want to fill up, the engineers don't want you running the tank low and burning out a fuel pump, etc.

Think about it. 13.2 gallon gas tank x 30mpg = 396 miles

I usually fill my tank at 310-320. So you theoretically still have over two gallons of gas left.

Don't abuse this power, just remember to check your mileage per tank, and keep an eye on your tire pressure. The light comes on when they are at 85% pressure (IIRC). Which is ~27 pounds... 5 pounds under the recommended pressure. Check tire pressure on cold tires once a month. More frequently if you are in a cold climate. You can see a few mpg difference off of 5 pounds of pressure.

im getting about 29.5mpg....not sure how bad it can be...specially if I do mainly highway driving .....and it estimate to do 38mpg
Depends on your speed : EPA estimates are at 60 mph... Expect around 15% less MPG per 10 mph over. Plus all the other factors mentioned above.
Though at 70 mph, my LE Eco base ("plus" variant is less efficient) is till at 50, when EPA rating is at 42.
The Valvematic in the Eco really shines on the highway, less in city. If you have an S with 17", that fact alone will penalize fuel efficiency.

Have you ever calculated the fuel economy of your Corolla?

JesseG

So far my 2016 S is getting between 35-37 mpg per tank, I have less than 2000 miles on the car. In comparison the best I would ever see in my 2013 S was about 35, same exact drive. (North of Dallas downtown and back each day). The CVT in any 11th gen Corolla should return very good mpg, in fact I've always had better results for all of our Toyotas compared to EPA estimates.

So far my 2016 S is getting between 35-37 mpg per tank, I have less than 2000 miles on the car. In comparison the best I would ever see in my 2013 S was about 35, same exact drive. (North of Dallas downtown and back each day). The CVT in any 11th gen Corolla should return very good mpg, in fact I've always had better results for all of our Toyotas compared to EPA estimates.
My man!! 35 MPG
in my opinion is fantastic. Compared to mine and a few others ours ranges from 24 to 28. And this is NYC driving. So that's great what you have. Good luck!!

JesseG

I'm very happy with the gas mileage for sure! And luckily Dallas traffic isn't anywhere near as bad as NYC! Hahaha I think my morning commute helps the MPG a lot, after work not so much. Haha The CVT is great though at keeping the RPMs low at highway speeds.

I have a 2015 S Premium. I wouldn't say I have a heavy foot or am hyper mailing. When I first bought the car, I was averaging 34mpg in San Diego (I was able to stay over 40mpg average while I was in thr flat Valley of California for a couple weeks). But after my first oil change at the dealer I noticed my mpg average drop to 27mpg!!! And this was without changing my driving habits. I've taken it to the dealer numerous times to check it out and they tell me everything is fine. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have a 2015 S Premium. I wouldn't say I have a heavy foot or am hyper mailing. When I first bought the car, I was averaging 34mpg in San Diego (I was able to stay over 40mpg average while I was in thr flat Valley of California for a couple weeks). But after my first oil change at the dealer I noticed my mpg average drop to 27mpg!!! And this was without changing my driving habits. I've taken it to the dealer numerous times to check it out and they tell me everything is fine. Is anyone else having this problem?
A possibility is that the average MPG display was reset and is taking only a shorter period (with less favorable characteristics) in account. You have to see in the long time.

Mine is 2016L manual, I shift +- 3K rpm the first 3 gears, 4,5, around 2.5K, since I'm on the city most of the time I don't use 6 to much. I get 32ish every time I fill the tank, 80 city 20 highway

I get 32 in my manual base 2016, 80% city 20% highway. I shift around 3K rpm

I drive a 2015 Corolla S and I fill up every 275-290 miles. So say 27-28 mpg. Well, that's what's promised by the manufacturer.
I believe it clearly depends on how you drive. Driving in NY is super crazy with traffic around- round the clock.
When I drove to Ontario Canada (Sport mode), I had to fill up every 340 miles. That's pretty great.
I get 350 per tank mostly city, short trips and a lot of lights, manual transmission base model

I have 26k on my 6 speed Corolla and I have averaged 30mpg. I drive with a heavy foot and accelerate quickly so I am happy with my mileage. I'd say I do about 90% highway driving in traffic. Most trips are average speeds of less than 40mph (thanks Houston traffic)

I will say the gas gauge on my Corolla (and possibly all of them) read lower than what you actually have. This makes you want to fill up, the engineers don't want you running the tank low and burning out a fuel pump, etc.

I usually fill my tank at 310-320. So you theoretically still have over two gallons of gas left.

Don't abuse this power, just remember to check your mileage per tank, and keep an eye on your tire pressure. The light comes on when they are at 85% pressure (IIRC). Which is ~27 pounds... 5 pounds under the recommended pressure. Check tire pressure on cold tires once a month. More frequently if you are in a cold climate. You can see a few mpg difference off of 5 pounds of pressure.
My rolla says 35pounds for the tires on the door, base 2016 L manual. 15" wheels, i will leave it at 32 cause at 35 the ride fills a bit rough, not sure why says 35 on the doors lol. I'm getting an average of 32 per galon, range 355 per tank, mostly city. Shift around 3K, I don't understand why we are getting better mpg than the cvt when it should be the other way

Checks out for me too -- even with houston traffic, I get an average of 30-31 mpg (I'm on CVT). Depends on the kind of driving environment and the way you drive (heavy on pedals, constant stopping and starting, etc)

I drive a 17 Corolla SE . I don't rely on the computer monitor(which always reads high), thus I do my fuel mileage manually with an Android app. The best I've gotten in 2,xxx miles of driving is 35mpg. I average 31-33 mpg. Sometimes I will use 85 w/out ethanol(it's fine at my elevation) but it's usually more money-sometimes 30 cents plus more, so I'll often do 87 w/ ethanol. Without ethanol I often get 1-2 mpg better. I'm guess my mileage may slightly improve as I get more miles on my vehicle. We will see.

I had a 14 s, it was much "quicker" than the 16 I have now. The 14 I was getting 33.3 to 33.8 mpg, this 16 I get 30.2 all day and it's a dog to the 14.