Does your 1.8 Engine Idle Down after Cold Start

Got me a 2018 Corolla a couple of weeks ago. 22k miles on it. Runs great.

My past few cars (2014 Mazda3, 16 VW Golf) would idle a bit high for about a minute on a cold start before they’d settle at their normal idle RPM. This is normal for these engines, and I just assume it was to help get the oil flowing in the engine.
Now with my Corolla, when it starts on a cold morning, it stays a bit above 1K RPM’s. It doesn’t seem to have the typical cold start routine of idling high for a bit like my other cars. Unless I’m just not letting it sit long enough for it to idle down. Though I’ve let it sit for at least as long as I’d let my other cars sit after starting.
I appreciate any info on this :)

Does no one in this section of the site dedicated to the 2014-2019 Corolla honestly not know if their engine revs at higher RPM’s on a Cold Start?
I read the Toyota Corolla was the type of soul-less car for the type of person who is clueless about the mechanics of a vehicle, but really?

delrey

Most cars do and will lower the RPMs eventually after a cold start. My '21 SE takes about a minute with temps below 30°F to bring the idle down. My old '17 LE did too but it took longer.

Does no one in this section of the site dedicated to the 2014-2019 Corolla honestly not know if their engine revs at higher RPM’s on a Cold Start?
I read the Toyota Corolla was the type of soul-less car for the type of person who is clueless about the mechanics of a vehicle, but really?
This forum is not very popular compared to Toyota Nation Forum. You will get faster answers there. This is more of a laid back crowd and can take time for some threads to get answered. And cause of the nature of the Corolla, there isn't much excitement around them in general. So if anyone comes on here, it's for issues and problems. So most don't access this forum unless they have one.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I do get a bit impatient sometimes. But regarding anyone with a 2014-19 Corolla sedan, what RPM does yours hit when first starting in the morning? Mine goes the first notch above 1K RPM, which I keep wanting to think is 1,200 RPM, but I think more technically 1,250 RPM. I’ve let it sit a few minutes and it never goes down until I put it in reverse to back out if my driveway. Hmm...
Otherwise, the car runs like a perfectly normal car. No warning lights are on. It just doesn’t idle down like I’d expect it to.

And sure, they say no enthusiast would buy a Corolla. But I think many Corolla buyers are Enthusiasts about a vehicle with sound engineering that simply works . And my Corolla LE certainly has better handling than a 2014 Elantra I used to have, but I don’t see people dogging those near as much.