Door Moldings Removal?

Hello all, I recently purchased a 2014 corolla le and I'm loving hypermiling in this puppy. Such a smooth ride and luxurious interior. Upon purchase mine came with the protection package. That's all fine I like all of the additions except the door moldings... does anyone know if they are just glued on or will there be holes left from removing it?

Should just be glued/taped on. The aftermarket ones don't require drilling or holes.

Look for any obvious screw hole covers or other fasteners. You could start at one end and gently pry them up to confirm.

Should just be glued/taped on. The aftermarket ones don't require drilling or holes.

Look for any obvious screw hole covers or other fasteners. You could start at one end and gently pry them up to confirm.
It appears taped/glued but I wanted to make sure there weren't any clips

They are generally held on with double sided tape. You may have glue to remove but if they weren't on the car for that long, then you may get lucky and have it peel off without a mess.

They are generally held on with double sided tape. You may have glue to remove but if they weren't on the car for that long, then you may get lucky and have it peel off without a mess.
Yah I think it would look slicker without them. Just didn't wanna peel them off if they had clip holes.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
all depends on make and model company, rather start pealing away, and unsure. check out another model

img=http://s19.postimg.org/wng8x9pr7/image.jpg

No clips by the looks of it. The glue placed on will be 3M. to remove it will require time, and heat, some line.
img=http://s19.postimg.org/dwebn3v6r/14_COROLLA_BS_MLDGS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody! I started peeling and there were no clips... they actually peeled right off leaving no residue. Just some dirt. Makes me even more glad I removed them, longevity couldn't of been long with
these.

I've had them fly off on my Focus >.< The longer you wait though, the more messy it woulda been. Glad you didn't have to take glue solvent to it. Always fun to work with that stuff around paint...

Hello all, I recently purchased a 2014 corolla le and I'm loving hypermiling in this puppy. Such a smooth ride and luxurious interior. Upon purchase mine came with the protection package. That's all fine I like all of the additions except the door moldings... does anyone know if they are just glued on or will there be holes left from removing it?
I have no idea.

However those door moldings protect the doors from getting dented, particularly from parking lot door dings, which will retain the value of the car.