Driving in Manual Mode a Bad Idea??

So I bought a 2015 Corolla S and it comes with an optional Manual mode, many people were telling me that it's a bad idea to drive it in manual mode. I drive it in manual mode very carefully, meaning not revving it too high. Has anyone else had a problem with it?

How practical (and mpg efficient) it is on the long term passed the novelty effect is up to you but you'll be fine : electronic nannies are there to prevent you from abusing it. It basically allows you to play with the rpms as long as the car find it's convenient for itself. :)

I bet if you consider longevity of CVT it can't be that good for it. Gas mileage wise as well. I would only throw it in manual mode if necessary-otherwise keep it in auto/eco.
As a side note, since it wormed up to 30F, I noticed a huge power increase commpared to two weeks of 0 degrees F. Funny how that works.

So I bought a 2015 Corolla S and it comes with an optional Manual mode, many people were telling me that it's a bad idea to drive it in manual mode. I drive it in manual mode very carefully, meaning not revving it too high. Has anyone else had a problem with it?
As long as you aren’t driving above 3krpm on normal driving otherwise keep it in normal mode for efficiency and life of the CVT.
I tend to only use the sport mode with the paddle shifters on uphills or on curvy twisties.

"Sport mode" doesn't necessarily means constantly using manual shifting. OP is asking about constantly using manual shifting, not just leaving the car in Sport mode.

You guys half to realize that Corolla is not as delicate as you think it is. The CVT tranny has been around for at least 7 years probably longer. I had one in my 2010 Prius. I used to abuse it all the time in Sport mode and never had a problem with it. You can run RPMS up a lot higher then 3K. Mine runs a lot higher than that in cruise going up and down hills. If you are using the Paddle Shifters and get to to high rpms it will shift to next gear automatically. It's a tough little car. You get fooled seeing the problems people on this forum are having with their cars. Consider that with how many thousand Corollas are out there. Have fun with it, drive it like you stole it. If you want high mpg and are oppressed with that buy a Prius.

You guys half to realize that Corolla is not as delicate as you think it is. The CVT tranny has been around for at least 7 years probably longer. I had one in my 2010 Prius. I used to abuse it all the time in Sport mode and never had a problem with it.
Yep ! Almost 8 years now for the K313. The one in the Prius is a totally different beast, though : planetary vs belt/pulley for K313.
You can run RPMS up a lot higher then 3K. Mine runs a lot higher than that in cruise going up and down hills. If you are using the Paddle Shifters and get to to high rpms it will shift to next gear automatically
Yep again ! Nowadays, with electronic nannies, cars are getting more and more "idiot proof" anyway. They'll let you do whatever you want unless they dont "like" it !
It's a tough little car. You get fooled seeing the problems people on this forum are having with their cars. Consider that with how many thousand Corollas are out there. Have fun with it, drive it like you stole it. If you want high mpg and are oppressed with that buy a Prius.
I'm never sure if it's funny or sad the way some panic on problems reported on forums. Some are bound to happen with not thousands but millions units on the road. I'm rather soft on cars but averaging 39 mpg (hand calculated) over 4 years with zero problems (knock on wood) is great. Not totally as Prius, but close enough for thousands $$$ less !