DRL question

The drivers side DRL only works during the daytime. At night I have no light, almost like the bulb is burned out. But like I said, during the day it is on. The passenger side works just fine. The high beams also work fine. Any ideas?

^ I'd try that.

But remember not to touch the bulb glass with your oily fingers.
That contamination could cause premature bulb failure.
So use surgical or cotton gloves when touching the glass bulbs.

I'm not sure how the voltage is reduced...
But the DRL's run off the high beams at maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 of their full voltage.

Whatever regulates this voltage drop must have failed.
I've always thought that a single regulator controlled both high beam bulbs
and reduced the voltage to the DRL's.

But possibly there is a regulator for each individual high beam/DRL.
And only one side of yours has failed ?

That is why I'd do the high beam bulb swap, switching left to right
to verify if the DRL fault issue switches sides as well ?

Has to be something to do with regulators, diodes or whatever reduces the high beam's voltage
that supplies the reduced voltage to the DRL's.

Tho' it's entirely possible the bulbs themselves could be of fault.
The swap test should offer some insight to that.

Possibly someone here knows how the high beam light voltage is reduced for the DRL's
what exactly does that... and where to find it and how to test it.

Does you high beam work when you turn the lights on? Not an expert but from what I know (at least in Canada) the DRL is a lower intensity light that can be a separate bulb or it may even be the high beam bulb that is used for the DRL. When the lights are turned on, if it is a separate bulb the bulb is turned off, in the case that it is the high beam then it gets turned off as the low beam kicks in. As suggested switch the low beam bulbs and see if the "issue" follows to the other side, if it does then go buy two new bulbs (best to replace in pairs)