electrical gremlins

OBD

hello, new to the forum.
I have a 2005 Corolla CE. The air-conditioner stopped working about 6 weeks ago, so I stopped driving it. About 2 weeks ago I tried to start it and it was completely dead. No door chime, no dome lights, no lights on the dash when I turned the key, no life at all. I charged the battery to 12.8v and still the same. I took the battery to the parts house and it checked out good. So I started digging.
The clamps to the battery were cleaned and tightened. I checked all the fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash left of the steering wheel. I found 2 blown fuses, and replaced them.
Now when I insert the key I get the chime, and when I turn the key I get dash lights, and the engine will turn over, but not catch. If I put starter fluid in the airbox, it will run for a second or two. (yes, it has gas in the tank). I think I can hear the fuel pump running, but I haven't taken a line loose to see if it is pumping.
The things that don't come on are, the headlights, the radio, the turn signals, the electric door locks, the dome light. Also, the shifter is stuck in park.
When I get a day off, I am going to run down all the grounds in the engine compartment to make sure they have good contact.
Any suggestions???

OBD

So I confirmed that the fuel pump is working, and all the grounds that I could find in the engine compartment look good.
Could all of these symptoms be from a bad ECU?

Deoc

If you have electrical problems, no power in some areas then you need to fix those before trying to start the car, even if the fuel pump is working but the ecu doesnt get power then the car wont start, check all fuses and relays, look for signs for mouses as they love to chew into wires and cause damage

OBD

Yes, I have been under the dash on both driver and passenger sides and in the engine compartment looking for damaged wires. I have checked all the fuses under the dash and in the engine compartment. The relays all look good, but how do I check them?
How do I know if the ECU is getting power? Is there a way to tell if the ECU is bad?
The most puzzling things are: The headlights not working, The shift lock won't disengage. And, of course, it won't start. Are these related in some way?

OBD

I borrowed a OBD II reader from a friend. What does it mean if the reader doesn't even come on when plugged in? I tried it on my truck and it works fine.

Deoc

If the obd reader isnt working it means there is no power, check the ignition switch and all the wires that go to it

OBD

It was the 100 Amp alternator fuse. It's aggravating. I looked at it 3 times and it looked fine to me.
BTW, You can't just take that fuse out, you have to remove the fuse panel and there is a screw on the side holding it in.

I also faced the same electrical problem with my air conditioner. I had no idea about av. sometimes ac would not turn on. I could not understand how can I ac repair and which service center will be best for repair process.