Electrical Issues Help 2003 corolla S

JasonW

My son has a 2003 corolla S. We thought that the alternator had gone bad, so we took it out and took it to have it tested, it came back alternator and regulator good. So we put it back in the car.

Here is what the car is doing, the battery was dead so we jumped it. It started right up and runs perfect, but as soon as we unhook the other car, there is no power to anything no dash lights, head lights, nothing at all, and the car wont rev all the way up. If we hook up to the other car with jumper cables everything goes back to working just fine. We get lights and car has no problem reving up like normal. I thought, if we let it run and charge the battery for awhile it would solve the problem. However the battery is taking no charge and still have no power to anything.

Please help.

My son has a 2003 corolla S. We thought that the alternator had gone bad, so we took it out and took it to have it tested, it came back alternator and regulator good. So we put it back in the car.

Here is what the car is doing, the battery was dead so we jumped it. It started right up and runs perfect, but as soon as we unhook the other car, there is no power to anything no dash lights, head lights, nothing at all, and the car wont rev all the way up. If we hook up to the other car with jumper cables everything goes back to working just fine. We get lights and car has no problem reving up like normal. I thought, if we let it run and charge the battery for awhile it would solve the problem. However the battery is taking no charge and still have no power to anything.

Please help.
post 29919
With my 2002 Corolla I experienced many of the same symptoms as you, all problems were fixed with a new battery, that was the first battery change in 12 years.